Cars you regretted selling?

Started by ranton-inc, March 05, 2018, 10:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brett

Quote from: grale on March 08, 2018, 12:18:41 PM
I'll search the garage and see if I can dig one out. Don't have it on digital files.

Red 1988 Evo II number 233 of the 500. Had the plate EVO 233 - just checked it on CarJam and it's still around and apparently still low kms.
NZ new (tourist delivery). Converted to RHD when new.
Its twin, a dark blue evo2 lived in the Nelson region at the time.
Found it in the Saturday Herald classifieds. It was living 5 minutes walk from my home but I'd never seen it before.
EVO233 resides in Auckland as part of one of our clients collections. Still gets driven and is a beautifully presented example.
Previous:MKIII Golf GL, MKIV Golf GTI, E36 325i, E36 323i, B5 S4 sedan, C32 AMG, B5 S4 avant, BMW 740iL, MKV Golf Gti 2dr.

Current:
Company car
Weekend toy-2007 Golf Gti Edition 30

grale

Good to hear. It was in pristine condition when I had it.

schattenblau

Quote from: grale on March 08, 2018, 11:35:17 AM
So in my view - love them and leave them. Memories are often rose-tinted.

x2000

;D

i have pix of EVO233  from TM 2010, still one of the best e30 m3's to ever be listed on those pages

Pushbutton_auto

Yeah, the AP5 Pushbutton 1965, last of the line.

It had a front suspension issue. So flicked it to a mate and he pulled the motor & box and stuck it in a manual. Crying shame seeing the rest of the car slowly fade away in his backyard.

and of course the Exclusive  ... should have sold CHiP instead, just tooooooooo many cars in the driveway ...   :'(

I haven't really sold many of my cars, they mainly broke down and got parted or ended in the farms graveyard.

Same as the original 100 CD, $250 to fix the water pump and I would STILL be driving it ...   :o
Beating up parking wardens ain't a crime.

grale

^^^^ shattenblau
That's the car. Definitely gives me seller-remorse looking at those photos. You have a great resource library about interesting cars and their sales history.
Coincidentally, given the title of this thread, I have just (this afternoon) been contacted by the guy I bought my B5 RS4 from, and agreed to sell it back to him!

schattenblau

well done !

i'm a hoarder, first paper books, magazines, now digital

;D

Filx

Strangely enough of all the various cars I've owned the one I regret selling most was a Commodore VL Turbo. It wasn't an especially good car or anything but the fun factor was through the roof.
FAIL - First Attempt In Learning

RS ZWEI

I don't know if they are regrets, but I miss the sound of my old VR6 manual and my Opel Vectra GSI 2000.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

RR-661

Quote from: Filx on March 09, 2018, 09:36:13 AM
Strangely enough of all the various cars I've owned the one I regret selling most was a Commodore VL Turbo. It wasn't an especially good car or anything but the fun factor was through the roof.

Filx, is that the VL turbo my friend Jon and I sold you? If that is the car, it was fun to drive. I raced it in the Commodore sprint series many years ago.

Filx

Quote from: RR-661 on March 09, 2018, 01:42:07 PM
Filx, is that the VL turbo my friend Jon and I sold you? If that is the car, it was a fun to drive. I raced it in the Commodore sprint series many years ago.

Yes that is correct! I had it for a long time until it succumbed to the VL rear window rust issues and at the time I didn't really want to invest in the repairs and didn't have space to keep it off the road. It did several Puke track days and never missed a beat, one of those cars that just gives and gives and never asks for much. I loved it.
FAIL - First Attempt In Learning

Audi do

Yes there is a car I regretted getting rid of.
1986 Audi coupe quattro.
If I had the chance to buy it back, would I?. Yes and I have.

ERRRNO

Quote from: ziptie.nz on March 05, 2018, 10:33:01 AM
So after seeing my old TDI MK2 pop back up on Trademe last night

Ever since I sold it, i have Regretted it

Out of the Many cars, I have been thru over the years there are Three I ultimately regret selling...

1. Audi S2 Coupe. (ABY)
2. My MK2 TDI - https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1558573920
3. Mazda MPS

everything else i have had... well Meh.

Who else has kicked themselves for selling a Car they should have kept

Hindsight is a real C U Next Tuesday.

He really put a lot of effort into the TDi mk2 sales pitch.....
Black 3door Mk4 TDI - Elite Motorsport Hyper miler
Tornado Red Mk5 2.0 TFSI Variant - Elite Motorsport Stage 2
White Mk6 GTI DSG - Elite Motorsport Stage 1

ranton-inc

ERRRNO

Is that just a 2.6 N/A? I might have a crack at owning this unless you know something I shouldn't.
Black 3door Mk4 TDI - Elite Motorsport Hyper miler
Tornado Red Mk5 2.0 TFSI Variant - Elite Motorsport Stage 2
White Mk6 GTI DSG - Elite Motorsport Stage 1

ranton-inc

Quote from: ERRRNO on March 16, 2018, 06:25:39 AM
Is that just a 2.6 N/A? I might have a crack at owning this unless you know something I shouldn't.

Yeah just a boring ass old fuel hungry A6 but good car.

Drive it where ever you like park it where ever you like

Paint is damned under the fender

And my brother decided to get plaster half my decal collection all over it

Oh yeah the washer bottle looses most its water

But good as old Quattro workhorse