RS6 C5 boost lost.

Started by Deano77, February 02, 2019, 11:37:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deano77

Hey guys.
Just gone and done it, bought a 2003 RS6 C5, Sedan, Daytona grey, NZ new with 205k......

Unfortunately within about 30mins of driving and boosting up hill, boost lost or seriously reduced at higher revs.

I'm thinking a boost pipe came loose or blew, before I go in blindly just wondering if anyone knows best way to access them?

Other than that it's great, DRCs replaced with new adjustable, cambelt and pump just done, box refurb 20k ago with new torque converter, new brakes and suspension arms on front and fuel evaporation issue hopefully dealt to.

So fingers X'd this will be a good one in general.

Cheers.

Deano77

Hi again,

I also need to put in new door pockets and bracketry to both front doors and rear passenger so if anyone knows where to grab some it'd be appreciated.
Found some off an a6 in wreckers but have to buy all 4 full door cards which is bit of an overkill but an option.
Cheers.

le mans

Boost loss could be due to ?limp mode?. Worth getting the fault memory scanned before you get too carried away. But yes, could also be a big boost leak somewhere.

Deano77

Thanks, pretty sure it's not limp mode but will plug in and check this afternoon.

Deano77

UKRSKiwi

Re the door cards....if you can suck up the $ hit these are now supported by Audi Heritage so you may....may...be able to get those items separately by heading to an Audi dealer.

Also, fuel evaporation issue?...your right foot?!
B7 RS4
MRC Stage 2 map
MRC Stage 2 Induction Manifold
Milltek Exhaust and 100 Cell DP's
ITG Panel Filter
Short Shifter
CAF

450ps proven.

Deano77

Quote from: UKRSKiwi on February 14, 2019, 05:04:33 PM
Re the door cards....if you can suck up the $ hit these are now supported by Audi Heritage so you may....may...be able to get those items separately by heading to an Audi dealer.

Also, fuel evaporation issue?...your right foot?!

Thanks UKRSKiwi.

Got hold of a set of panels that I'll just swap everything I need out and retain original trim, handles etc and wasnt over the top $ wise.

Found myself another problem tho, it's got no belly pan/skid plate. Tried to find 2nd hand but hand teeth springs to mind and audi should we say know how to charge.

Yeah I admit to a lead foot but who can blame you in one of these right.  ;)