S3 exhaust for sale (cat back)

Started by djrisk, December 03, 2006, 06:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djrisk

Have fitted a milltek so no need for this, would make a good upgrade for your A3 1.8 turbo, $50 pick up.
Cheers
Tom 021357475
Him - Amarok highline
Her - S3 8P

hitmanGTI

wont fit a A3 sorry buddy will have to fog that off else where..

i suggest you keep it..

you may get sick of the milltek quickly..

djrisk

Bugger. Why get sick of the miltek? its no louder and it looks the part...
Him - Amarok highline
Her - S3 8P

hitmanGTI

Drone.. i threw mine out

regretted throwing out the standard system.. just keep it incase..

Audidude

Quote from: Anton on December 05, 2006, 05:27:45 PM
Drone.. i threw mine out

regretted throwing out the standard system.. just keep it incase..

Huh?? Since when have you had to live with a Milltek on an S3 Anton?? The Milltek in question here is off my S3 and i ran it for over a year and loved it - no droning and no harshness - just beautiful deep note miles nicer than standard. Only way you could be right is if you have heard one without the resonator - now THAT is a mistake :)

Cheers
'90 Audi ur quattro 20v Tornado Red
'15 VW Amarok Highline 4Motion auto
'99 BMW M5 E39 (For Sale, see TM)
'96 Honda Integra Type R DC2 JDM K20A - Circuit race car
'96 Honda Integra Type R DC2 JDM, Championship White
'15 Renault Megane 265 RS, Capsicum Red
'03 Porsche 911 996.2 C2, Black, full leather interior

hitmanGTI

actually Greg..

when you remove the resonator you increase exterior noise

and reduce interior.. the more Fibreglass you have in the system the lower the tone gets therefore more resonance... Its True.. i had expanded my with several Mandrelly Bent Stainless Replacement pipes

the only time i found somewhat quiet was when i was running a tiny resonator in place of the cat (got rid of the honda zing) and deleted the center resonator.....

the only problem i ever ran in to when i had my Center resonator out is that i couldn't set off car alarms any more :-\ is because with the lack of fiber glass it was no longer producing the same bass tone..

Even Steve Car drones with his Exhaust system... the only reason the S3 would probably less drony than a mk4 1.8t is that there is lesser boot space for the sound to resonate in.. any way bro.. just keep your standard exhaust!.. im happy with my exhaust now.. its quiet.. nobody hears me coming from a mile away any more.. and no more unnecessary attention from mr  :police:

by the way if you ever want a test of somethings Durability look at anything i own.. im hard on everything..

best feature in my MK4 is the Engine.. 50,000 thrashed kms and still going strong and not a sign of giving up..!

djrisk

Quote from: Audidude on December 06, 2006, 11:38:37 PM
Huh?? Since when have you had to live with a Milltek on an S3 Anton?? The Milltek in question here is off my S3 and i ran it for over a year and loved it - no droning and no harshness - just beautiful deep note miles nicer than standard. Only way you could be right is if you have heard one without the resonator - now THAT is a mistake :)

Cheers

I like it greg so its all good... sure looks the part :)
Him - Amarok highline
Her - S3 8P

Audidude

Quote from: Anton on December 07, 2006, 06:38:43 AM
nobody hears me coming from a mile away any more..

Maybe that's because you're not 14 yrs old anymore  ;D ;D ;D

Cheers
'90 Audi ur quattro 20v Tornado Red
'15 VW Amarok Highline 4Motion auto
'99 BMW M5 E39 (For Sale, see TM)
'96 Honda Integra Type R DC2 JDM K20A - Circuit race car
'96 Honda Integra Type R DC2 JDM, Championship White
'15 Renault Megane 265 RS, Capsicum Red
'03 Porsche 911 996.2 C2, Black, full leather interior