2000 S3 (SOLD)
1971 VW Beetle (OLD)

boraV5

Im in love...
Any idea what the RRP will be? (IN NZD)

Pristle

Clicked on the Volkswagen link on that page.......continued here

GTI's

wheres the video of your car at muriwai?

Audidude

this car will be a beautifully crafted high quality joy to own.

But at around 1600KGS for a hatch, a sporty drive it will NOT be. Weight and a high level of refinement will rob it from many of the thrills of connectedness that are essential to the Thrill Of Driving - and just you wait for Evo to tell everyone so. As they do with pretty much every Audi.

We shouldn't take offense as I don't believe that Audi's target audience cares a jot about that - we tend to put higher value on AWD tracton, quality of build and materials, and ownership joy than pure driving thrill - I certainly have over the years, otherwise I'd have been enjoying tail out handling in a BMW.

Cheers
'90 Audi ur quattro 20v Tornado Red
'15 VW Amarok Highline 4Motion auto
'99 BMW M5 E39 (For Sale, see TM)
'96 Honda Integra Type R DC2 JDM K20A - Circuit race car
'96 Honda Integra Type R DC2 JDM, Championship White
'15 Renault Megane 265 RS, Capsicum Red
'03 Porsche 911 996.2 C2, Black, full leather interior

hitmanGTI

Quote from: Audidude on October 04, 2006, 08:39:53 PM
We shouldn't take offense as I don't believe that Audi's target audience cares a jot about that - we tend to put higher value on AWD tracton, quality of build and materials, and ownership joy than pure driving thrill - I certainly have over the years, otherwise I'd have been enjoying tail out handling in a BMW.

Cheers

most of the Audi Target market in NZ (people who have money) think a thrill when driving is doing 120kmh on the motorway  lol  ;D

Turbo

Quote from: Anton on October 04, 2006, 11:08:26 PM
most of the Audi Target market in NZ (people who have money) think a thrill when driving is doing 120kmh on the motorway  lol  ;D

it goes 120?!  :o
2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

hitmanGTI

Quote from: Turbo on October 05, 2006, 06:10:06 PM
it goes 120?!  :o

see what i mean... typical easy to thrill audi driver  ;) :P ;D ::)

Audidude

Quote from: Audidude on October 04, 2006, 08:39:53 PM
this car will be a beautifully crafted high quality joy to own.

But at around 1600KGS for a hatch, a sporty drive it will NOT be. Weight and a high level of refinement will rob it from many of the thrills of connectedness that are essential to the Thrill Of Driving - and just you wait for Evo to tell everyone so. As they do with pretty much every Audi.

I rest my case - this is exactly what Evo has said after a "Driven" short report :). 3 and a half stars - the same as the original S3.

And do I want one - yes I'd love one, but not on the list at the moment.

Cheers
'90 Audi ur quattro 20v Tornado Red
'15 VW Amarok Highline 4Motion auto
'99 BMW M5 E39 (For Sale, see TM)
'96 Honda Integra Type R DC2 JDM K20A - Circuit race car
'96 Honda Integra Type R DC2 JDM, Championship White
'15 Renault Megane 265 RS, Capsicum Red
'03 Porsche 911 996.2 C2, Black, full leather interior

Pepper

We had a new S3 demontrated to us last week in the UK. I wasn't impressed in the flesh the car looks worse than a S-line A3. The one we saw also had standard seats rather than the recaro's that the White S3 demontrator had in the link below. The inlays were dimpled so they looked like old beetle seats, the leatherette stuff they used in the 70's.
Check this review out - it's in German though
www.youtube.com/watch?v=glDRr6NoDL8

Pepper

Our S3 arrived today - orange mmmmmm it ain't a Focus RS

hitmanGTI

u bought one even thou you wernt impressed   :-\

RS ZWEI

Quote from: Anton on November 21, 2006, 03:34:00 PM
u bought one even thou you wernt impressed   :-\

Pepper works at a Dealership.

1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

Pepper

Quote from: Golfboy666GTI on November 21, 2006, 05:58:24 PM
Pepper works at a Dealership.

It's a living. As for the S3 it's bound to be developed. When we got the Q7 6 months ago we opened the engine bay and said 'They are putting a V10/12 or W12 into this with all this space?' and we got lots of head shaking from the germans.  3 months later and what pops up? a 6.0 V12 twin turbo Q7!  Lift the bonnet of a new 2.0t TT - space. My money is on an RS3 in a year.

djrisk

That RS3 is a f?#kn beast :police:  over 300KW with simple mods anyone??
http://www.cartype.com/page.cfm?id=1055&alph=ALL
Him - Amarok highline
Her - S3 8P

Pepper

Have the S3 over the weekend and first impressions is that it is a nice car, it has a bit of lag at 2000rpm similar to the S2. I like it.

Pepper

The S3 is fun, the RS4 always feels like it's trying to kill you when your not paying attention.

Turbo

2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch