2001 B5 RS4

Started by JiggaBone, March 09, 2018, 02:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JiggaBone

Hey,

My factory front speakers are shot, Rapid Radio in Auckland confirmed this and also have told me nothing is available to suit on the aftermarket side for replacement.
Giltrap are no good either, factory items are long out of parts circulation.

The part code is 8DO 035 412 B. Has anybody else had this problem? If so what was the solution??
Ebay UK has nothing listed at this stage and havent found anything else that will seem to work/fit in the doors.

Any help would be great!

Cheers!

RobClubley

They are rather unusual shaped.

1985 ur quattro
1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily

KARTS

Quote from: JiggaBone on March 09, 2018, 02:53:24 PM
Hey,

My factory front speakers are shot, Rapid Radio in Auckland confirmed this and also have told me nothing is available to suit on the aftermarket side for replacement.
Giltrap are no good either, factory items are long out of parts circulation.

The part code is 8DO 035 412 B. Has anybody else had this problem? If so what was the solution??
Ebay UK has nothing listed at this stage and havent found anything else that will seem to work/fit in the doors.

Any help would be great!

Cheers!

Send it to the wreckers Kev!!
1987 mk II ABF track weapon (Choppy Developments)
1988 mk II GTI 16v
2011 mk 6  R

McDoof

What size are they. Looks like you might need a 3" speaker with a custom spacer.
NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

GLIDN

Quote from: McDoof on March 09, 2018, 04:07:59 PM
What size are they. Looks like you might need a 3" speaker with a custom spacer.

As soon as this is done, any and all midbass is gone. One of the joys of owning a B5.
Look for any bose equipped A4/S4 or RS4.

They are all the same speaker last time I checked and are 2.5 or 3 ohm.
It's been a fair while since I owned my S4 audi.
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

JiggaBone

From the pictures, alomost looks as if the factory bose speaker is attached to a mounting bracket? If that is the case surely an aftermarket option would be more viable? Bose automotive have confirmed that the speakers still exist in their stock, except have no previous experience with delivery/customs from Europe to NZ.

GLIDN

Quote from: JiggaBone on March 10, 2018, 10:09:06 AM
From the pictures, alomost looks as if the factory bose speaker is attached to a mounting bracket? If that is the case surely an aftermarket option would be more viable? Bose automotive have confirmed that the speakers still exist in their stock, except have no previous experience with delivery/customs from Europe to NZ.

Get a replacement from Ebay or any Audi specific forum etc.

Aftermarket solutions to date sound average as replacement. As the entire speaker is mounted to the door card only. Nothing to the metal of the door frame. This is why many aftermarket solutions do not perform nearly as well.
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning