2017 audi rs6 performance

Started by schattenblau, March 13, 2018, 02:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schattenblau

holy crap
this is the fastest, angriest sounding car i've ever driven !

a superb drivetrain, effortless turbo motor and fast shifting, silky smooth 8-speed auto.

not the best handler on standard air suspension and the steering was pretty awful.

but omg when switched to dynamic and sport mode !

effortless acceleration and sound to die for.

made a friends c63 performance look like it was standing still.

seemingly thifty too for a 597bhp , 2 ton beast.
a weekend of hooning and it still had a 1/4 tank

;D

Stickman

It's pretty intoxicating. The straight line speed is mind bending for a family wagon. Through the really tight twisty stuff I reckon my B7 RS4 would outrun the RS6, but there is no taking away from the sheer brilliance of the RS6 Performance.
I like fast toys.

2016 Audi RS6 Performance
2007 Audi RS4

schattenblau

you're lucky having one in your garage, kudos

many cars promote themselves as being capable of being multi-purpose, angel/devil type cars.
i reckon the rs6p is the first one that really does achieve that, it can be luxury crusier, load lugger or autobahn burner at will.

initially it appeared to be another one-note hi-po audi but dig deeper and it does have a depth of character missing from other modern rs cars.

beeker

Quote from: Stickman on March 13, 2018, 03:34:28 PM
It's pretty intoxicating. The straight line speed is mind bending for a family wagon. Through the really tight twisty stuff I reckon my B7 RS4 would outrun the RS6, but there is no taking away from the sheer brilliance of the RS6 Performance.

x2 on that thought.

Every so often i wish i had the steel sprung version for some extra handling, but then every time i come close to a steep entrance im glad i have the air's lift option.
14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

Stickman

Quote from: beeker on March 13, 2018, 07:33:05 PM
x2 on that thought.

Every so often i wish i had the steel sprung version for some extra handling, but then every time i come close to a steep entrance im glad i have the air's lift option.

That lift option is indeed pretty handy.
I like fast toys.

2007 Audi RS4

schattenblau

never used that or do much fiddling with the settings.

just pushed random buttons to see what they did

;D

S1

"a depth of character missing from other modern rs cars." They left me numb for a long time , so what is different about this ?
whats broken this week , hold on ill get my wallet

beeker

I think it?s the pure aggressive grunt they have
14 RS6 Avant Black
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

Stickman

Quote from: beeker on March 16, 2018, 07:10:33 AM
I think it?s the pure aggressive grunt they have

Beeker - how many kms per tank do you get out of yours? I tend to only get around 450kms (but then I do keep it in Dynamic Mode and love to hear the bang, crackle and pop!)
I like fast toys.

2007 Audi RS4

beeker

Not sure exactly, but heaps better than the b7rs4

Have you done the exhaust mod?
Pull the valve actuator control wires off the rear exhaust mufflers and bingo, permanent nice exhaust note without dynamic mode having to be used. It will chuck a code during service, but they ignore it. Obviously easy to reinstate too.
14 RS6 Avant Black
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

schattenblau

Quote from: S1 on March 15, 2018, 09:07:03 PM
"a depth of character missing from other modern rs cars." They left me numb for a long time , so what is different about this ?

modern rs's seem to be one-trick ponies - tremendously fast with little adjustability in handling, overwhelming competence with no charm.

the rs6 you can make dance with your right foot.

it's more than an appliance.

it's the sort of car you get up at the crack of dawn for.

brian

Quote from: schattenblau on March 17, 2018, 03:21:38 PM
modern rs's seem to be one-trick ponies - tremendously fast with little adjustability in handling, overwhelming competence with no charm.

This sounds like smitten to me
Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

Stickman

Quote from: beeker on March 17, 2018, 09:13:27 AM
Not sure exactly, but heaps better than the b7rs4

Have you done the exhaust mod?
Pull the valve actuator control wires off the rear exhaust mufflers and bingo, permanent nice exhaust note without dynamic mode having to be used. It will chuck a code during service, but they ignore it. Obviously easy to reinstate too.

Yeah, got Continental Cars to do that when they were prepping it for collection when I bought it. Been tempted to chuck a milltek on too, however with the factory sports exhaust not sure that it is worth the $3.5k or whatever they quoted. Our neighbour has one with the Cat-back system and it certainly sounds very loud when the valves are open!
I like fast toys.

2007 Audi RS4

Stickman

Quote from: schattenblau on March 17, 2018, 03:21:38 PM

On a nice section of back road it certainly impresses. Though, it is more the sheer brute force rather then the "connected" feeling I get when I hop back into the B7 RS4. I kind of love swapping between the two of them - because I get to re-experience the power of the RS6 but then fall back in love with what I love about the RS4. I do still think that the B7 RS4 was the last car that truly had the full "Audi RS" spirit - although I have only spent a short amount of time at the wheel of the B5 RS4 and very limited time behind the wheel of an RS2.
I like fast toys.

2007 Audi RS4

schattenblau

agree on the b7 being the last true rs.

b8 could have been any old s4.

rsq3 is a real surprise, actually fun to drive

the new b9 does nothing for me.

as to smitten, yes the rs6 is the first recent audi to catch my eye but is too big for me, maybe if i had a family to cart around.

a stripped out rs1 for me if audi ever make one.

or a tuned s1 ?

Stickman

Quote from: schattenblau on March 19, 2018, 12:29:33 PM
agree on the b7 being the last true rs.

b8 could have been any old s4.

rsq3 is a real surprise, actually fun to drive

the new b9 does nothing for me.

as to smitten, yes the rs6 is the first reecent audi to catch my eye but is too big for me, maybe if i had a family to cart around.

a stripped out rs1 for me if audi ever make one.

or a tuned s1 ?

If I had to trade the RS6 in on any other Audi it would be an S1. With the right tuning, I think that that must be one fun little package.
I like fast toys.

2007 Audi RS4