New R MK6 ownwer - I have a few questions

Started by Tri, March 15, 2018, 06:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tri

Just got it 5 days ago. Previous owner included a new RCD330, new cambelt and water pump replacements for me. Did it yesterday and got it back today. Issues are: after replaced the belt, my car is jumping the RPM when starts. It jumps from 800-1300. Back and forth for a minute or so before back to being stable at 800. The car seems to deive fine. Never had this before the belt was replaced tho. Any idea?

Used to have reversed camera with the old RSN510, but dont have with this new RCD330 anymore. How to know if it is a 330 or 330Plus? I heard the plus can connect with reverse cam. Any advices?

I also heard and read about VAGCOM. Anything good code/mod I need to get, or nah?

Cheers

The Red Warrior

Can't shed any light on the revs/engine side sorry.

As for RCD330, the RCD330G has a single CD player and a smaller screen. The RCD330 Plus has no CD player but has a larger screen. You can check which version you have by pressing and holding the settings or set up button.
I don't know of anyone who has got the OEM reverse camera working with the RCD330 (either version).

Just google vcds/vagcom changes for mk6 golf r and see what you want.

ERRRNO

Where are you located mate? If Auckland or Christchurch then I may be able to help you with VAGCOM (saves you from forking out the dosh)
Black 3door Mk4 TDI - Elite Motorsport Hyper miler
Tornado Red Mk5 2.0 TFSI Variant - Elite Motorsport Stage 2
White Mk6 GTI DSG - Elite Motorsport Stage 1

GLIDN

I'd say they put cambelt on wrong. Can easily be checked with diagnostic tools.

Otherwise you have a fairly large air leak in the cars intercooler system.
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

80 Vert

Check the vacuum pipe from the vacuum pump to the inlet manifold. These get brittle and split. Very common.
2010 T5 Transporter TDI  Tuned by Superior Tuning NZ
2003 Jetta Coupe soon to be R36TT
1991 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI swapped
1963 Type 34 Karmann Ghia, turbo 2.0
1990 Porsche 964 911 Carrera 4
1980 1303 Beetle vert, under restoration

Tri

Thanks guys. No vacuum leak, air sensor is OK. Issue was with turbo seal having a crack and leak air. Took looong time to find out but only an hour to and half to fix. All back to normal.

Also, tried the Sport drive mode today, not the S mode, car suspension are quite stiff and can feel a lot of road-vibration on the motorway. Is this quite normal?

Cheers

ERRRNO

Yeah its designed to stiffen up the suspension in the sport mode to decrease body roll etc.
Black 3door Mk4 TDI - Elite Motorsport Hyper miler
Tornado Red Mk5 2.0 TFSI Variant - Elite Motorsport Stage 2
White Mk6 GTI DSG - Elite Motorsport Stage 1

slowmo

Yup that?s the DCC ?Sport? setting.

It does somethingg with the steering as well i think.
Current: 2004 MK4 R32 3-door NZ New DBP

Past: 2010 MK6 GTI / 2013 Nissan Leaf LOL / 2007 B7 RS4 / 2006 MK5 R32 / 2005 MK5 GTI / 1998 MK4 GTI / 1997 B5 A4 MTM

GLIDN

Quote from: Tri on March 21, 2018, 07:39:24 AM
Thanks guys. No vacuum leak, air sensor is OK. Issue was with turbo seal having a crack and leak air. Took looong time to find out but only an hour to and half to fix. All back to normal.

Also, tried the Sport drive mode today, not the S mode, car suspension are quite stiff and can feel a lot of road-vibration on the motorway. Is this quite normal?

Cheers

Entirely Normal, I actually never use that feature due to it's stiffness.
At least on the mk6 gti? The stiffness was still pretty good.

The R36 Passat Sport DCC suspension settings is very much the same harshness.

Tri

Thanks guys. Love your helps and info sharing!

Tri

Another question and much appreciate if anyone can help me. I tried and compare different DCC modes for a week to make sure I do not put too much of my perception. But I think the sport DCC definitely gives the car a louder exhaust sound and accelerate faster than comfort and normal modes.

I thought DCC only changes the suspension and steering wheel, but nothing else?

GLIDN

Quote from: Tri on April 06, 2018, 11:54:45 AM
Another question and much appreciate if anyone can help me. I tried and compare different DCC modes for a week to make sure I do not put too much of my perception. But I think the sport DCC definitely gives the car a louder exhaust sound and accelerate faster than comfort and normal modes.

I thought DCC only changes the suspension and steering wheel, but nothing else?

It changes the throttle mapping too. Nothing about the exhaust however.
This is why, when I advise customers to install the DCC delete kit when they install coil over suspension?
These are all the functions you loose, if you do not.

When you get a chance. pop pass and take a gander at my R. I'll even take you out on a test drive.