RCD330 MFSW

Started by portmanteau, March 25, 2018, 11:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

portmanteau

This is the latest development

A simulator to get your MFSW talking to the RCD330 etc if you have an earlier steering wheel

These had been kicking around  from a dodgy software developer in the Ukraine, but now the chinese have copied his work:
'94 S2 Avant N300 Nothelle, '94 S2 Sedan '84 urq,'80 Golf GTI replica, '83 Rocco GTI, '99 TT, '07 Q7, '99 S4 Avant, '86 90Q, '63 DKW Junior, other non-VAG collectibles, & 2 lonely 200Q

portmanteau

Good to see that a number of you already have jumped in and acted on this advice

It's the icing on the cake for the RCD330, really
'94 S2 Avant N300 Nothelle, '94 S2 Sedan '84 urq,'80 Golf GTI replica, '83 Rocco GTI, '99 TT, '07 Q7, '99 S4 Avant, '86 90Q, '63 DKW Junior, other non-VAG collectibles, & 2 lonely 200Q

bravo

Mine's arrived. Waiting on my Fakra adaptor to arrive so I can install both at the same time. Radio reception got about sketchy recently and I'm assuming it's the diversity aerial.

portmanteau

On the Shelf - No waiting

https://allgoods.co.nz/product/24212

bravo

Quote from: portmanteau on April 20, 2018, 07:12:10 PM
On the Shelf - No waiting

https://allgoods.co.nz/product/24212

But more than twice the price. Mine arrived in less than a week. Installed today. Works perfectly and really good connectors. Highly recommended.

portmanteau

Quote from: bravo on April 25, 2018, 04:10:14 PM
But more than twice the price. Mine arrived in less than a week. Installed today. Works perfectly and really good connectors. Highly recommended.

lol, there's always one who feels compelled to state the obvious

the reason I bought them in was because I had messages from persons who didn't want to buy from china, or to wait for delivery

if you think that happens without a margin then you're a bit green

pleased that you are grateful for the advice I gave you - always good to get a word of thanks aye, and the buyers from NZ who popped up immediately after this initial post were more than a few

schattenblau

is this adaptor model specific ?

will it get my rcn210 talking to my steering wheel buttons ?

portmanteau

Quote from: schattenblau on April 25, 2018, 08:16:57 PM
is this adaptor model specific ?

will it get my rcn210 talking to my steering wheel buttons ?

It has been made specifically for the "MIB" (modular entertainment platform radios) and in particular the RCD330G.

I can't imagine it working with an old radio like the the RCN210

If you do some reading on the RCD330G you will see that it has so much more to offer that you could be better ditching the RCN210, altogether?

http://www.naviplus.com.au/single-post/2017/01/25/Upgraded-to-VW-Composition-Touch-65---RCD-330G-Plus-Installation

(this link is very slow to load)

bravo

Quote from: portmanteau on April 25, 2018, 06:14:58 PM
lol, there's always one who feels compelled to state the obvious

the reason I bought them in was because I had messages from persons who didn't want to buy from china, or to wait for delivery

if you think that happens without a margin then you're a bit green

pleased that you are grateful for the advice I gave you - always good to get a word of thanks aye, and the buyers from NZ who popped up immediately after this initial post were more than a few

No need to get defensive or emotional. Of course any importer needs a margin. I didn't know you were the importer but even so, this is an enthusiasts site, not a commerce site so thought it appropriate to let the punters know there's more or less no risk or delay to go to the source.

A bit of disclosure would have put you in good stead.

And thanks for the tip; unecessary sarcasm not withstanding.

portmanteau

Quote from: bravo on April 25, 2018, 09:30:59 PM
No need to get defensive or emotional. Of course any importer needs a margin. I didn't know you were the importer but even so, this is an enthusiasts site, not a commerce site so thought it appropriate to let the punters know there's more or less no risk or delay to go to the source.

A bit of disclosure would have put you in good stead.

And thanks for the tip; unecessary sarcasm not withstanding.

More interesting was how many acted on the tip (which at the time included a link to the chinese source), and not one thought to say thanks; yourself included. Maybe that's your idea of how an "enthusiast's site" works, but it has never been mine

schattenblau

Quote from: portmanteau on April 25, 2018, 08:25:20 PM
It has been made specifically for the "MIB" (modular entertainment platform radios) and in particular the RCD330G.

I can't imagine it working with an old radio like the the RCN210

If you do some reading on the RCD330G you will see that it has so much more to offer that you could be better ditching the RCN210, altogether?

http://www.naviplus.com.au/single-post/2017/01/25/Upgraded-to-VW-Composition-Touch-65---RCD-330G-Plus-Installation

(this link is very slow to load)

thanks for the link.

rcd330 doesn't play cd's ?
that rules it out.

ideally i'd like an old rcd500 with built-in 6 cd changer and diversity radio aerial.
i find for features the new units can't be beat but for sound quality, especially with fm radio, it's the older rcd's.

GLIDN

Quote from: schattenblau on April 26, 2018, 10:59:00 AM
thanks for the link.

that rules it out.

ideally i'd like an old rcd500 with built-in 6 cd changer and diversity radio aerial.
i find for features the new units can't be beat but for sound quality, especially with fm radio, it's the older rcd's.

Cover postage man,

I'll post you my old RCD500 down. It needs the PIN code to work. Which I don't have
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

portmanteau

Quote from: schattenblau on April 26, 2018, 10:59:00 AM
thanks for the link.

that rules it out.

A couple of years ago I would have agreed with you, in fact I would have said that for sound quality you would not beat a Blaupunkt from the early '90s, but after a recent car fatality in the extended family the safety aspects of the new models means nowadays I will accept possibly a slight loss in audio fidelity in return for saving my life, or someone elses. I can wait till I get home to listen to vinyl through my 1970's Luxman or Sansui audio ;)

CDs are another story - we all have to bite the bullet and admit that they are now on the brink of extinction. They were never a good format, anyway.

schattenblau

sorry for your loss.

safety aspects ?

ice ergonomics have gone backwards over the years.

portmanteau

Quote from: schattenblau on April 26, 2018, 01:49:01 PM
sorry for your loss.

safety aspects ?

ice ergonomics have gone backwards over the years.

Thanks

Disagree though. A good voice-controlled hands-free along with the ability to mirror phone functions such as navigation and texting onto a decent-sized ICE touch-screen are invaluable for safety imo.  People are going to do these things - no point pretending they do not - legal or otherwise, so let's have the eyes as little off the road (and down into the driver's lap) as is possible

We are not talking here about junk aftermarket 'bells-and-whistles' head-units with a million tiny illogcal buttons and lousy ergonomics

The explosion in the last couple of years of hi-speed head-on collisions on otherwise safe stretches of road can only be due to one thing

schattenblau

... too many distractions in modern cars.

back in the old days a car stereo only had one job to do, play music.

i hate touch screens in moving cars.

bring back knobs

>:D

portmanteau

Quote from: schattenblau on April 26, 2018, 02:22:08 PM
... too many distractions in modern cars.
back in the old days a car stereo only had one job to do, play music.
i hate touch screens in moving cars.

bring back knobs

lol - we could talk for hours about the good ol' days, I am sure

portmanteau

Canbus Modules for battery drain issues with these radios now also on the shelf:

https://allgoods.co.nz/product/26207

wsnownz

Can anyone tell me if the steering wheel adapter also solves battery drain?
It seems some of them do but hard to tell on AliExpress.

portmanteau

No, and keep in mind that if you buy a canbus module out of China (which might solve battery drain) then it will be wrongly coded for LHD cars

Have a look on www.allgoods.co.nz for "canbus module vw"