Finally back in an R ;0)

Started by Russ3872, March 26, 2018, 09:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ3872

Hi Guys, really buzzing this week. Finally getting back in an R after trading my mk 4 R32 9 months ago for a v8 touareg ( nice truck but v v thirsty ). Pick up a 2011 rising blue R with only 45k on the clock on Thursday. Would love to know the main maintenance tips to keep it mint and running sweet  >:D
loving the R life

ERRRNO

I'd say the usual things like cam follower, dsg service, engine service and so forth are about to come up so may aswell get pro active!
Black 3door Mk4 TDI - Elite Motorsport Hyper miler
Tornado Red Mk5 2.0 TFSI Variant - Elite Motorsport Stage 2
White Mk6 GTI DSG - Elite Motorsport Stage 1

Russ3872

loving the R life

Naekyr

As above - look at the service manual, there will be a bunch of items listed for replacement given the cars age - by now it should have already had it's first major service, if the previous owner did not yet do them - get on that stat, the service includes the above items and a few more things like spark plugs etc, just check the service schedule

Additionally some things may not be in there - very important is that cam follower, get that replaced, its a cheap part so you may as well replace it instead of checking it

Russ3872

Cheers for the info guys, have any of you had a carbon clean yet ? will it need doing and can you DIY it or can you recommend anyone in Christchurch that can do it
loving the R life

ERRRNO

Yeah mate I've done a few give me a txt if you want yours done. 0210730499. You should be considering doing it at your kms. I'll be relocating to chch in the near future aswell.
Black 3door Mk4 TDI - Elite Motorsport Hyper miler
Tornado Red Mk5 2.0 TFSI Variant - Elite Motorsport Stage 2
White Mk6 GTI DSG - Elite Motorsport Stage 1

Russ3872

awesome errrno, will be in touch soon
loving the R life