Couldn't get CHiP to run ...

Started by Pushbutton_auto, December 29, 2018, 11:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pushbutton_auto

Originally thought my problem was SPARK, but after we sprayed goo juice down the throat, it kicked over a couple then died.

So now we think its the gas (old, crap, not enough ..)

definitely now have air in the system, so do we have to bleed the system to get gas up or should the fuel pump push it thru anyhow ?

all this for a couple of videos and pics ....   ::) 

Its crazy, I have so many spare parts I can rebuild a whole new car, but time is not waiting ....   >:D 
Beating up parking wardens ain't a crime.

user2154

been sitting for a while? put a squirt of oil down each spark plug hole, you did that already? goo juice?

Assuming this is S4 or similar with fuel pressure regulator, fuel pressure should not be a problem, as it will bleed itself, when under vacuum fuel will run straight back to the tank..

what is the full story?

ranton-inc

Pushbutton_auto

Definitely been sitting ... when it kicked it blew heaps of crap out the exhaust.

5 cylinder turbo.  reading SJM site now .. http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/trouble_shooting/ficis.html  ain't nothing that dude don't know about 100/200s . .   :) 

Will give it a few days, put a couple of gallons in and give it another shot.

All the lines have been re-tightened. 

That has been the scene, normally (after sitting) its a cranky old bitch, then once it kicks, its all systems go ...

user2154

If it turns over too easy but doesn't fire then you have no compression.

My car sat for 3 months and I almost ran the battery flat trying to start it after that. I squirted 5ml oil into each cylinder, turned it over with fuel/spark disconnected, plugged it all back in and it fired right up..

Pushbutton_auto

nah, definitely not an easy turnover, never has been after sitting.

we will pop a drop in the holes before trying again ... on d weekend .....

the old buggar is just making it easier to send it to car press hell, its only lived so long because it STILL looks fudging beautiful wet or after rain  ... :)

Something really great about those old 100-200 original paint jobs  ....   8)