Looking at the 2010-11 S4 Avant

Started by NCHANT, April 22, 2018, 09:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCHANT

Hey guys,

Have just sold my 14 Amarok and looking at getting a 2010 or 11 S4 wagon.

What sort of advice do you guys have with these cars? Anything in particular I should look out for? Does the timing chain need to be sorted at any stage?

Have test driven a few now and love the drive, reason for going S4 is space (Twins on the way) and it fits in our garage. I also love long drives around the South Island ? we moved to Nelson last year and the roads around there are good fun.

byront8

If its DSG, make sure they have done a full service on the DSG unit. This was the main fallover of the 2011 models.

2009-2010 models should be avoided as they had a few more mechanical issues that were costly to fix.

NCHANT

Thanks byront8, good to know, will lookout for the 2011+ models :)

byront8

Not a problem, another one to look at which might be worthwhile, you can find 2012+ (new shape) A6's with the 3.0tfsi engine for the same price as S4's.

Same power output and over 400 litres more capacity loadspace. I have a 4 month old boy, and he fills an  A4 currently.

NCHANT

Quote from: byront8 on April 23, 2018, 12:05:39 PM
Not a problem, another one to look at which might be worthwhile, you can find 2012+ (new shape) A6's with the 3.0tfsi engine for the same price as S4's.

Same power output and over 400 litres more capacity loadspace. I have a 4 month old boy, and he fills an  A4 currently.

Interesting, although the A6 won't leave much room in our garage unfortunately. Only looking at spending around $30k though.

NCHANT

Just purchased a 2011 S4 Avant in Silver :)

Test drove a few black ones as black was what I wanted, but the price difference between them all was quite huge. Pick the car up this week sometime, now to look for some black rims for her!
The silver one also drove better even though it had slightly higher mileage, oh and the red leather seats which I may get redone in black.