A Cautionery Tale - Not all VASK members are honest..

Started by vaudiw, April 24, 2018, 01:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vaudiw

This may not be appropriate and I may get flamed for this but I have run out of options and think that other VASK members should be warned.

I contracted a VASK member to do a MMI conversion for me - I sourced the hardware and they did the coding. I paid for the service but there were issues with the hardware I had bought so needed some additional coding when the new MMI unit arrived.

This VASK member lent be his cables to enable the additional coding and asked for a deposit to cover the cost of the cables. Fair enough, so I deposited $450 into his account.

He assisted me with the coding and so far everyone is happy (I still had issues with the MMI, but assume this is the unit not the coding)

I returned the cables in Nov last year. Receipt was acknowledged but no money has been returned.

I have left multiple text messages, emailed and pm'd. I tried calling a few times but always it goes to voicemail (avoiding my calls?). I have had one reply back in Feb apologising for not paying and asking for bank details but since then still no payment and no communication. We're are in different islands so can't pay him a visit.

There are always 2 sides to a story but no idea what the other side is ... as far as I was aware all dealings were amicable, and the cables were returned in good condition - I have had no communication to the contrary.

So far I am down the $200 I originally paid for approx total 3 hrs work (including the 2nd round of coding) and $450 for the deposit.

If you are borrowing a cable or getting an MMI conversion done pm me if you want to know who to avoid.

Anyone in the Sth Island want to do some debt collection??

brian

Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

Poonmobile

Current:
06 NZ B7 RS4 Avus Silver, 01 NZ B5 RS4 Avus Silver, 93 NZ VR6 Tornado Red 3dr, Renault Clio 172 & Renault Clio 197
Past:
MK2 VR6, MK5 GTI, 2 x MK5 R32, 8L S3 Imola, MK4 Golf V6 4MO, Polo GTI, 2x MK3 VR6, D2 S8, B5 S4 Avant, 03 NZ R32 Deep Blue Pearl, Renault Megane R26 liquid yello

GLIDN

I'd also like to know to be fair?

But as you mentioned, there are two sides of the story.
So it would be interesting to know their side of there story.
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

Pushbutton_auto

Lots of people are dishonest, they don't need a club.
Beating up parking wardens ain't a crime.

GLIDN

Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

vaudiw

Not yet resolved.

After my initial post I had a remorseful pm from him and promise of part payment but nothing has eventuated. I have followed up but still nothing.

Byron pay up!

vaudiw

An update, still no payment from member Byront8 and no communication since I initially posted this. The car is owned by my business and payment was made from the business so I lodged the debt with the debt collectors. Even if I don't get any money back at least he will have a mark against his credit rating

This is just plain theft and can't understand the morals of someone that would do this. I appreciate times are hard for some people but this was cash given as a bond, and he would have known it would need to be refunded, even if it came back in incremental payments, but nothing!

So if you come across Byron Taylor from Christchurch, don't give him any money or you may not see it again.

Alfashark

'14 Octavia RS TDI
'06 Fabia VRS
'93 CitiGolf 1.6