Amarok Door Seals

Started by Stickman, May 14, 2018, 10:08:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stickman

So...have owned my 2018 Amarok for a month or so now...and I have noticed that the door seals tend to leak a small amount on occasion. There seems to be an inherent design flaw in that there is only one gasket seal fixed to the car that is compressed when the door is shut to create the water barrier. What that doesn't stop, is water/rain entering the top of the door seam (where door meet chassis in the circa 6-8mm gap where most cars would normally have another seal) and then it either drips on you when you get in and in some cases, I have noticed a couple of drips on the leather on the rear seat overnight. Seems that the seal isn't actually entirely water tight. Anyone else noticed anything similar on theirs?

Overall I am very impressed with the Amarok and I rate it as a ute, however this seems to me to be a ROOKIE design error, and I am wondering if anyone has found a fix?
I like fast toys.

2016 Audi RS6 Performance
2007 Audi RS4

the phantom

2018?  sounds like a warranty issue to me
Land Transport New Zealand, taking the fun out of driving since August 2008

Stickman

Quote from: the phantom on May 14, 2018, 10:46:29 AM
2018?  sounds like a warranty issue to me

Yeah - cool vehicle, but definitely not something you would expect from a brand new $70k ute  :o
I like fast toys.

2007 Audi RS4

Trofeo

Mine does it... Once the door is opened when wet, the water drips onto the seats, and then closing it while wet seems to allow continued water drips to occur. If the door isn't opened while it's raining, i.e. Rear or passenger doors then they seem to be fine.
2015 Amarok 4WD auto
2018 Golf R-Line Tsi

Stickman

Quote from: Trofeo on May 14, 2018, 06:42:44 PM
Mine does it... Once the door is opened when wet, the water drips onto the seats, and then closing it while wet seems to allow continued water drips to occur. If the door isn't opened while it's raining, i.e. Rear or passenger doors then they seem to be fine.

I am so surprised. It seems really common yet few commenting on it on the internet! It seems that people are ok with this for a $70k vehicle! Granted it is only a few tiny drops - not a flood of water, but just seems such an elementary design flaw to me.
I like fast toys.

2007 Audi RS4

Trofeo

Agree on your view. I suspect they think a few drips coming in around the seal is ok, when it's capable of wading through rivers. I imagine you get a fair bit more inside in off road situations!
2015 Amarok 4WD auto
2018 Golf R-Line Tsi

kiwihigh

Yea mine leaks too, after heavy rain the front rubber mat end up with a small amount of water, passenger front only.

Did some searching thinking blocked drain, pollen filter bla bla bla and didn't find much talk about it, cleaned out all the leaves I could find and still leaked after the last heavy rain.. also happens when I aim for the big puddles  >:D

BUILT not bought

oozingrich

Same problem with just the drivers door on my 2017