Porsche Macan Recommendations ?

Started by Max, February 08, 2024, 05:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max

Wife currently drives a Q5, and we're thinking about replacing it with a petrol Macan.

Interested in any experiences/recommendations on the various 6 cylinder versions out there? Fresh ones appear to have the  VAG 2.9 litre engine,  while previous options included a 3.0 l, and earlier a 3.6?

And info appreciated.

rambo_005

At the first facelift, they switched from the unique to Porsche V6s (3.0 and 3.6, both twin turbo) to the Group shared 3.0 single turbo and 2.9 twin turbo V6 units. There were 3.0 V6 TDI powered models available in the earlier years, but Porsche ditched all diesel variants after 'dieselgate'. The base model uses the Group 2.0 TSI I4.

Max

Thanks @rambo_005

Is there any consensus as to the merits of the unique to Porsche 3.0 and 3.6 engines, vs the VAG 2.9?

Cheers

liv

Personally, I've been looking at the 2.9 options recently - purely because the platform is newer, has wider applications so parts availability (OEM and Performance/Aftermarket if you might end up tinkering with it) should be easier to get.  Not to mention the awesome sound the facelift makes.  From some over the reviews I've seen, the feedback on the gearbox has been great (which is often another thing to consider over and above the motor itself)
2016 Audi S4 (B9)
2019 Mercedes Benz B180 AMG (W247)