Author Topic: DSG oil/filter service  (Read 3140 times)

Offline benckj

• New TT Owner
Re: DSG oil/filter service
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2018, 09:45:53 am »
Managed to move forward with this essential maintenance item. After finding a 14mm allen socket at work I cracked open the drain and was able to confirm my adapter/filler plug will work and I do indeed have the later blue riser pipe for setting correct level in the gearbox. Drained away approx. 1/2l of fluid and its looking rather dark. Hopefully, I can tackle job this weekend now.

Also going to drop engine oil and filter.  According to the stickers it was done around 1,000kms ago but I don't trust workshops that I have not dealt with before. Removing the bash plate has turned into another challenge as it uses a rather large star bit to pull the large holding bolts. Could not find a bit so used decent pipe wrench to extract. Planned on finding replacement hex head but not much luck so will probably weld a decent size head onto existing bolts. Of the fun of owning an AUDI!

Just to list essential tools for the oil/filter replace received from the UK forum.

To remove the undertray;
M14 splined for the 2 large bolts
Torx T45 for the larger torx (mine have been replaced by 12mm head bolts)
Torx T25 for the smaller ones
Flat screw driver for the 4 quick release wheel arch fittings

To change the oil filter;
6mm hex to undo the filter housing drain
36mm socket to undo the housing
19mm socket for the sump plug
2004-Audi TT 3.2l Quattro
Mods underway!

Offline The Red Warrior

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2018, 12:39:16 am »
I know you're not in a rush, but Sulco stock all those items individaully.

Offline benckj

• New TT Owner
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2018, 08:25:37 pm »
Sucessful day with engine oil and filter replaced. All looked fine but believe it was probably 1 litre over full. Moved onto the DSG and dropped that oil. Found blue level pipe loose and from the looks of it missing an O ring. Changed trans filter and filled box with approx 5.7 litres of DCT Penrite synthetic oil.

After taking for a test drive I spun car around on ramps and had a poke around the backside. Found the Haldex filter and itís black nylon so guessing it was changed at 40k. Going to order oil for doing that job in Spring.  Car is looking up.
Mods underway!

Offline GLIDN

• ##
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2018, 01:22:59 pm »
Sucessful day with engine oil and filter replaced. All looked fine but believe it was probably 1 litre over full. Moved onto the DSG and dropped that oil. Found blue level pipe loose and from the looks of it missing an O ring. Changed trans filter and filled box with approx 5.7 litres of DCT Penrite synthetic oil.

After taking for a test drive I spun car around on ramps and had a poke around the backside. Found the Haldex filter and it’s black nylon so guessing it was changed at 40k. Going to order oil for doing that job in Spring.  Car is looking up.

nice work bud.
Top Secret Project
MK3 GTI 16v Tornado Red - under the knife soon
Mk3 12v VR6 Variant
MK6 GTI DSG -  Unitronic K04 | Stage 2 DSG | Tuned by HSP Tuning

Offline benckj

• New TT Owner
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2018, 02:48:42 pm »
Thanks for that. Good to get some feedback as this forum is rather dead.

Engine/gearbox is looking good at this point and I've ordered 2 tubes of Haldex super dooper oil. It was only $20USD/ea with $7 shipping. Figured at 20k change interval best to have a spare on hand.  Coming from Poland so will let you know when it arrives.
Mods underway!