2011 A4 B8 Quattro S-tronic oil smell

Started by Long Black, June 04, 2018, 12:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Long Black

Just had a full service and DSG service done at 80,000km and have noticed an oil smell in the cabin when idling with warm engine. Have checked the underside of the car and no signs of leaks. Seems odd that it has just started after the service, and have never had a prior issue. Has anyone else experienced this?
1999 B5 VW Passat V6 Syncro Wagon - Black...gone
2007 B7 Audi A4 S-line Avant Quattro 2.0T - Black...gone
2011 B8 Audi A4 S-line Avant Quattro 2.0T - White..Gone
2008 Mk5 VW Golf GTI - Black
2012 B8 Audi S4 Avant - Brilliant Red

Grape

Yep, you had posted this before.  I have same issue.  Giltrap?s tell me can?t find anything wrong.

Alittletuningco

Vacuum pump leaking from the back of the block on to the exhaust, only happens under pressure.

Known failure mode of B8 vacuum pumps. Auid charge $561 for the part alone and 4 hours of labour to replace.

We can source these for around half that price, come and send us a message.

Cheers

Amber

Long Black

Saga continues.... Transmission Malfunction warning appears on dashboard. Back to mechanics and a full rebuild of the DSG is required.....luckily I have mechanical insurance. Clutch plates burn't out and oil is as black as night. Question is...how this could have failed only 14,000km after a full DSG service? Any ideas out there?

Long Black

Should have car back from repairer tomorrow....one question...why does it need a wheel alignment after the Mecatronic rebuild? Seems odd.

bzki

Hi my car have same situation now and just did a transmission service, amd smellcoming out from Aircon.
And even i hop off the car.
So there is the Clutch problem?