Insurance

Started by brian, June 04, 2018, 12:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian

Who is everyone using for insurance?
I've been with the same company for years and years and years without a single claim but have just received a renewal invoice with an alarming increase so I am curious to hear of others experience. in this field.
Obviously, I am looking for a reliable insurer ( if that actually exists) not some fly by nighter.
Look forward to your comments.
Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

schattenblau

went through the same sit here.
got some cheap quotes through tm (tower).
broker got within $20 so stayed.

:P

weta.worker

I use JRI - mostly because of the RS2.  I was with State, but they moved further and further from what I saw as market value for the thing.  JRI are happy to appreciate it.

I was also pleasantly surprised with how easy it was to claim (with JRI) as well - complete respray when the RS2 was keyed on every panel.
1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

Audi do

I am about to go through this with my Audi so would be curious to know best/cheapest insurance for a modified car.

brian

Don't go on the JRI website................I've ended up being bombarded with spam!!!!!!

weta.worker

Quote from: brian on June 09, 2018, 05:11:55 PM
Don't go on the JRI website................I've ended up being bombarded with spam!!!!!!

Oh wow! Sorry, I've not been spam'd :( .   Maybe they've changed it in the last few years.
1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

brian

Not surprising really;  he's local and not someone I would like to know

Pristle

I think you'll find that their front page had been hacked. All seems okay now.

The rest of the site seems very legit. I bounced the name off a client, an high risk broker, and while he doesn't know him, he knows of John Rae. His reputation in the insurance industry is sound.

McDoof

The link to the home page from Google still goes to some dodgy website. If you type the URL into your browser it seems OK....
Fail from google.....
NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

brian

Tower have undercut AMI (my current insurer) by more than  $200 so I'm leaning that way at the moment