Losing power when shifting at high RPM (post-tune)

Started by VWPolo6R, June 06, 2018, 06:49:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VWPolo6R

I?ve noticed an occasional issue under hard acceleration at high RPM when changing gear, namely that the power just drops off. I?ve noticed this most between 4th to 5th. It?s only happened a few times. I had assumed perhaps the new aftermarket exhaust was still ?bedding in? and perhaps that explained the, what can only be described as unevenness in acceleration.

Made me wonder if I wasn?t giving the car enough open road running (it does a short daily commute most routinely and never gets above 100kph on this journey). I try not to overdrive it as the oil barely gets to temp by the time I get to work, but it?s hard sometimes - she just wants to go! The car was recently tuned to stage 2 with Miltek exhaust, and when I wrote them about the issue they said perhaps it is the coils. Does this sound right to y?all?

Running Gull 98 fulltime now, and hadn?t had any issues until this.
2014 Mk5 6R GTI POLO
Stage 2 tuned with custom intake and Miltek exhaust
Lowered on Vmaxx springs

VW'n

Maybe the car has a conscience when it hits 200kmh on the open road.
Have you tested it on a race track to see if it still displays these symptoms?  ;D
06 B6 Passat Wagon 2L Turbo (Family Wagon)
87 Mk2 Golf silver (the toy)
95 mk3 gti rusty ABF (Sold)
86 Mk2 Golf red (sold)
89 Mk2 Golf blue (sold)
85 Mk2 Golf GTI silver (parted)

GLIDN

can you give more specific information regarding the power dropping off?

This issue can occur on a stock DQ200 gearbox in these cars. A tuned gearbox should not do this.
If however the issue still occurs? Then either the torque load mapping is incorrectly managed within the ECU software or the ECU and DSG software are working against each other instead of complimenting one another.

Hopefully you can get this sorted ASAP.
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning