RS3 8v

Started by Naekyr, June 15, 2018, 11:22:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naekyr

Anyone in VASK got one of these babies?

Looking for advice - do they have any common issues, anything in particular to watch out for during test driving and inspecting?

Cheers

schattenblau

not heard of any issues.

stupidly fast in a straightline.

but inert in the corners;
add more gas - nothing but mild understeer, lift off - no change in attitude, still mild understeer.
not as bad as the first gen rs3 but not as adjustable as a mk7 golf r.

incredible sound from the turbo 5 and sports exhaust.

:laugh:

Naekyr

yeah have driven both briefly and the golf just didn't do it for me, I can understand the understeer comment and also she may feel a bit heavy in corners

as a total package I found the rs3 to be superior - such as the exterior body kit looks nicer, the interior looks nicer, its faster than the golf r and yes its a straight line monster and best of all is that exhaust - the golf sounds like a muted puppy in comparison and that's also part of the issue - I already have a golf and to get it sounding good and with better performance requires mods and then you can't get a warranty and insurance is a bit harder too - the rs3 delivers the whole package and really doesn't require any mods for the performance or exhaust sound as far as I'm concerned (as long as it has the Audi sport exhaust which the one I drove did)

best part of that brief drive was coming down a main road and downshifting and everyone looking at the gunshots coming from the car lol

its also got a beastly growl when you do a cold start

alright cheers mate, good to know there aren't any issues

schattenblau

i'd buy one for the sound too.

all natural in the rs3

;D

Naekyr

First red car, she's a beauty!

Audi really under-quotes on this car's performance too, stock figures are 365hp, 465nm and 4.3s 0-100
Most stock dyno runs are showing around 390hp, 500nm and loads of vbox runs doing 0-100 in under 4

brian

Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

schattenblau

very nice, very red

more pix ?

Naekyr

Quote from: schattenblau on July 14, 2018, 04:12:31 PM
very nice, very red

more pix ?

Thanks - I'll put up some better pics later

slowmo

Congrats mate, looks like a stunner!

Current: 2004 MK4 R32 3-door NZ New DBP

Past: 2010 MK6 GTI / 2013 Nissan Leaf LOL / 2007 B7 RS4 / 2006 MK5 R32 / 2005 MK5 GTI / 1998 MK4 GTI / 1997 B5 A4 MTM

GLIDN

nice upgrade bud.
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

VWR-RS3

Chaps,

Haven't been in here for a while, so checking in for a wee brag......just purchase 2018 RS3 8V
Came from 2015 VW Golf R Wagon, which was a great car but got to high in kms, so went for the RS3.

Smaller inside which is a struggle, but out performs the R in a straight line (stock) and similar on corners....fixed the mild under steer with tire pressures... :-)
Keen to hear other experiences and learn the tricks....I have a another year of warranty before I can start tinkering as I did with the last few cars....
Come back.....
Lots, CBR600, CBR900R
Lotus Elise (K20A Powered)
Honda S Wagon
Integra R DC5
VW Golf R Mk6
VW Golf R Mk7 Wagon
Audi RS3 8V

Pristle

Someone in our neighbourhood has a bypass valve in their exhaust. Really adds to the roar of the 5-pot.

Naekyr

Quote from: Pristle on January 09, 2020, 11:03:48 AM
Someone in our neighbourhood has a bypass valve in their exhaust. Really adds to the roar of the 5-pot.

Its a very nice mod and easy to do. Without the exhaust note is a lot more muted as the valves will only open under certain conditions but with the mod you can make it open whenever you want. Though if I'm being totally honest, RS3's sound great even with the valves closed.

Looking at moving into either a MK7R or RS3 8P..

Understandable both different to the 8V. Is the 5pot and it's power and older platform better than the MK7R?

Both would be daily's.

GLIDN

Quote from: 22 on March 21, 2020, 04:41:57 PM
Looking at moving into either a MK7R or RS3 8P..

Understandable both different to the 8V. Is the 5pot and it's power and older platform better than the MK7R?

Both would be daily's.

If your only going to look at the 8P RS3 vs mk7r?
forget the 8P entirely, either save and at least get an 8v1. Otherwise get the mk7R and enjoy

Pristle

What the 7R has missing is that 5-pot sound.

GLIDN

Quote from: Pristle on March 23, 2020, 11:33:03 AM
What the 7R has missing is that 5-pot sound.

in the 8v1 for sure, in the 8P the only part it's missing is to be truly reliable. Early version had injector and piston issues. Hence I advised, a wise idea is to skip the 8P chassis if it can be avoided.

but then we get back into the dilemma of GTI vs R32. R32 for noise, GTI for speed. Each to there own thou.

Quote from: GLIDN on March 23, 2020, 11:23:04 AM
If your only going to look at the 8P RS3 vs mk7r?
forget the 8P entirely, either save and at least get an 8v1. Otherwise get the mk7R and enjoy

Cool.. yeah figured the MK7R would be better overall and I'm leaning that way..

VWR-RS3

Well had the RS3 8v since Jan and am loving it.....5 pot sound is addictive....

Going form the 2015 VW Wagon R that I had, was tuned to about 228 kW at the wheels and was a quick car but the RS stock is quicker, smoother power delivery and once you look down to see the speedo...it quicker by a good margin.

Waiting for the warranty to expire before looking at tuning likely to a mild stage 2 and TCU refine - depending on cost
Entertainment system isn't as slick and lacking a bit of storage space in the front, but that's the only issues, otherwise very happy and I rate it higher than the VW, but do miss the extra boot space so got a roof tip box :-)

Lots, CBR600, CBR900R
Lotus Elise (K20A Powered)
Honda S Wagon
Integra R DC5
VW Golf R Mk6
VW Golf R Mk7 Wagon
Audi RS3 8V

schattenblau

photos please     :D