Gas station attendants

Started by heylinb4nz, August 08, 2018, 09:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heylinb4nz

Thought these jobs didn't exist anymore, currently doong contract work in a small town and had a BP attendant cone out to fill up the TT, despite insisting that I fill up my own car they proceeded to remove my fuel cap and place it on the rear spolier, by which time I already grabbed the pump. An I being fussy ? Pretty sure they think they are providing a service, but seriously a nice car with flawless paint and putting the gas cap on the paintwork seems a little careless.

Gordo

Some people are thoughless - I trust you politely, but firmly, explained why they should place the filler cap on the pump* and NOT on the vehicle?

*Least way, that's where I put it when filling up.
These are my thoughts and opinions - sometimes I'm wrong, but not often ;-)

schattenblau

you gotta be quicker than the attendant !

:P

fortunately my megane has the cap built into the filler flap

;D

FFS

I put mine on the drivers seat. The day I drive off without it won't happen.

FFS

And I would be brassed if an attendant put it on the paintwork. A '63 Humber Super Snipe I had was the best, a round reflector forming part of a taillight was the fuel filler cap. Nigh on invisible to those who don't know it.

Trofeo

How about the mid 80s ford falcon. The filler was behind the rear number plate, and you had to use the cap to wedge the plate in the down position. No chance of damaging the paint or losing the cap!
2015 Amarok 4WD auto
2018 Golf R-Line Tsi

schattenblau

imagine the anxiety of early 911 (with external oil filler) owners as they pull into full service stations.

RobClubley

It would be amusing to see them struggle to get fuel into the urq, like I do.
1985 ur quattro
1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily

dummer

According to Z website, the Forecourt Concierge is only between 10am-5pm