B8 RS4 Problems?

Started by Pjai, August 22, 2018, 10:44:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pjai

Looking at maybe picking up a B8 RS4, are there any known major problems with them? or watch its to look out for?

Cheers,

Alittletuningco

Depends on what year you are looking at?

Typically the B8 experienced some issues with gearboxes letting go, dynamic steering isn?t the greatest.

Some say the suspension setup is poor and would benefit from an aftermarket solution (just personal pref though). Fuel consumption in a V8 is pretty poor under spirited driving - but you wouldn?t be buying one if you didn?t know that.

If you are importing - make sure you buy a warranty as Audi will not warranty any work as it is a Grey import - for $2000 you will be happy when the dsg cops out and costs you $8000 to fix.

Pjai

Probably 13/14

Is the suspension setup not great or actually bad? I don't expect much from a wagon, I have Civic for the track haha.

How bad are the DSG on them? they do worry me a little bit but then agian my mk6 golf still going OK after 8 yrs and 100k later.

I won't import one, I will buy thru some dealer and hopefully come with some warranty

Alittletuningco

DSG on B8.5's has been 'fixed' but I know of at least 3 in NZ that have let go in less than 60K on the clock (on RS4's). They just aren't that strong of a unit.

Interestingly, stage 2 chipped S4's outputting the same power, I have yet to hear of a failure of the DSG, but they may not have surfaced to tell people about them.

Plus, supercharger burping/and increased fuel economy. Shame about the styling though (the wide body kit is beautiful).