Ebbets VW opening in Pukekohe

Started by NZDoug, September 02, 2018, 01:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NZDoug

Next Sat.
King and Manukau Rd. Opposite the Mobil, Honda dealer and Supercheap.
No servicing facilities.
HEY! HO! LETS GO!

Naekyr

could be that it's just not open yet or under construction

it would be pretty weird if that was a long term decision

black16v

It is a "Concept Store" what every that is?   Parts and I think servicing will be done from Ebbett's in Hamilton.
There is an open day 8 September 11am to 2pm.
1988 MK II GTI 16V

Mike1410

The site is absolutely tiny (it used to be the Honda dealers second hand car lot), there's no room for a full dealership so likely it's because there's no room for anything other than a "concept" store. Also, Ebbett have the Holden & Nissan dealership a few 100 metres away on Tobin Street (opp the BP) - so they could actually tweak those to do VW servicing as well if they wanted. Puke VW owners (I used to live there) will not traipse to Ebbett VW in East Hamilton for servicing, they're far more likely to head to Continental in Newmarket which is much more easily accessible.

Mike1410

also, existing Puke VW owners will have most likely bought their cars and have a warranty & relationship with the Auckland dealerships. From my few dealings with Ebbett they are total rip off merchants (even by normal NZ dealer standards) and the 12 year olds in the parts dept at Ebbett VW Hamilton don't have a clue.

NZDoug

Im in Big Bay, Awhiti, and will stick with Giltrap Botany.
I book in a loaner, pickup noon, drop off noon next day.
No pressure, less traffic..
Might try an Golf R next time.

HEY! HO! LETS GO!