Audi TT mk1 transmission solenoid identification

Started by Mikk1000, September 11, 2018, 06:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikk1000

Hi, I have audi TT 2004. I ordered new solenoids from ebay and didnt get any information with them to identify these. I pulled valve body and hoped colors match, but originals are all black.
Brown one is N91 cause its different, but how do i know where these others go? I added picture of new solenoids. Thanks

Picture of solenoids:

https://imgur.com/a/gv0pxML

benckj

I doubt if you will get any useful replies here as this place is rather dead. If you post your question in the UK forum there will be several replies within a day. Good luck as I would like to know result in the event mine start acting up.
2004-Audi TT 3.2l Quattro
Mods underway!

slowburn

not dead,just not a lot of peeps rocking mk1 TTs,hope you get your issue sorted.
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

Mikk1000

Cheers. I think im right with theory that 5 are same.  At least I will try like this.

mark2 golf

If one is dead. Do a ohms check on them and find the open circuit one.
89 mk2 1.8t
97 mk3 gti 1.8t
90 190e 2.6
17 Amarok v6
09 golf gti

Worms

Google 09G, or TF-60SN It's a common as muck transmission used in some of the MK5 platform cars, like the A3, TT, Touran, Golf, Passat etc, and even a heavier duty version used in the Touareg etc. It's a japanese Aisin unit.

https://www.sonnax.com/tech_resources/294-tf-60sn-09g-solenoid-identification-connector-pin-out

All the linear ones are the same.

Just solenoids won't always fix issues - the body itself wears too. Transgo make a shift kit for it. You can repair the mechanical part of the original solenoids (they warp and stick), and there are a few ports to drill out in the gasket to increase flow, to overcome the bore wear in the actual valves. There is also a modified pressure regulator.

I have the kit, but haven't ever installed it. My wifes Touran trans in fine currently.

Mikk1000

Cheers for the answers. I can confirm now, these solenoids are same indeed. Solenoids and new atf solved problem for me. Valve body was fine, no wear there.

Worms