RS4 b7, do I need a warranty

Started by ianorman, September 04, 2018, 06:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianorman

So a couple weeks back I took possession of a tidy RS4 avant in Avus silver. It has only done 85000kms, generally really tidy and was purchased from a VW dealer.

Would anyone out there look at putting a warranty on the car?

Has anyone had a price for a warranty on a rs4 or simular?

B7 RS4 Avant

moochier

I?ve had 2 RS4?s for the past 11years, other than servicing, general consumables and the odd carbon clean I haven?t Really had any issues maybe a control arm bushing or 2, but in the last 5years out of warrantee, it?s been very good to me. My current one has done about 85km too.

In saying that I have heard people having issues with the shocks, but if they?ve lasted this long they should be all right. Someone else might chime in on that?
RS4 Black Avant '06 B7 | milltek - replacement!!
RS4 Black Avant '07 B7 - toast
Alfa Giulietta Black '12 - you have to have had at least one right?!

slowmo

I couldn?t get a decent warranty for mine due to the km?s 150k+ kms. Max limit was only $5k with $500 excess so just decided to roll the dice.

In the first 2 weeks the coilpacks, MAF, EGR and injectors failed which needed replacement. Thank goodness the dealer paid to get those sorted.

But has been flawless since. I wish i can prepay petrol usage! Great cars!
Current: 2004 MK4 R32 3-door NZ New DBP

Past: 2010 MK6 GTI / 2013 Nissan Leaf LOL / 2007 B7 RS4 / 2006 MK5 R32 / 2005 MK5 GTI / 1998 MK4 GTI / 1997 B5 A4 MTM

ianorman

I got a quote for about 3k for a year and 5k for 3 years

Next year or two i figure 2k on a carbon clean and new PCV valve. And if the shocks go bad 1 to 3k.

I?m trying to find it?s service history at moment. It originally came Armstrong?s but can I apply to potentially see it online? I?m confused about Audi service history online
B7 RS4 Avant

schattenblau

just ring the selling dealer or audi nz.

they are usually helpful with histories.

beeker

I would
The ccs auto sure is about $2k for 2or3 years
$350 excess, max $10k claim
From memory
Ccs slightly subsidise the excess I think and mange claims process
Always worked for me, I?ve always made on them
14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

ianorman

That sounds more appealing. Looks like they cover rs models too.

Sorry I?m being dumb but what?s ccs?
B7 RS4 Avant

McDoof

NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

GLIDN

Quote from: ianorman on September 05, 2018, 10:15:15 PM
That sounds more appealing. Looks like they cover rs models too.

Sorry I?m being dumb but what?s ccs?

yes they cover the RS model as per beekers mention.

CCS = continental car services

Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

Poonmobile

Owned mine for over 3 years now, apart from usual maintenance and the carbon clean I've had a relatively good run. The only thing I've had to fork out on was the fixing of my AC unit. A common fault with the B& shape, however cost me 4k. If I had a warranty from when I bought it, it would have been out of it so I figure that was not that much of a risk I took. If you have the funds, perhaps get the warranty I'm contemplating whether I should on mine now as it is at 159k.... or just let the dice fall
Current:
06 NZ B7 RS4 Avus Silver, 01 NZ B5 RS4 Avus Silver, 93 NZ VR6 Tornado Red 3dr, Renault Clio 172 & Renault Clio 197
Past:
MK2 VR6, MK5 GTI, 2 x MK5 R32, 8L S3 Imola, MK4 Golf V6 4MO, Polo GTI, 2x MK3 VR6, D2 S8, B5 S4 Avant, 03 NZ R32 Deep Blue Pearl, Renault Megane R26 liquid yello

Period_Correct_

I?ve had 1 item covered under warranty which was the radiators. They thought it could of been some debris from driving. Other than that the next major was a relay which doesn?t sound like a major but it meant the car didn?t start on a few occasions and that makes it really really inconvenient.

I?ve purchased the car around 90kms and now it?s up to 122k so it?s well used since I purchased it in Jan 2017.

I had the warranty as part of the deal so not sure how much they cost, therefore hard to say whether you should or not... if it?s 2k for 3 years that sounds like a good deal.
1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

ianorman

I got a quote for 3k for a year, 3.8k for 2 years and 4.5k for 3 years

This however was the extreme police and not the essential policy, so 2k might be a bit out of date now... plus the excess $500 with a maximum claim of 10k
B7 RS4 Avant