UK to NZ map conversion - who is best to use

Started by feijoa, September 27, 2018, 11:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feijoa

Hi All,

My 2nd post (1st was a duplicate of this on the A6 page) so apologies if there are older threads I've missed with the answers.

We are going to bring in a new 2019 model Audi with the MMI High navigation (MIB?) from the UK next year.  I understand that technically the software is "region locked" to the car's original origin so updating maps is something that can't be done by the user and Audi NZ are unable (or more likely unwilling) to do.

I've seen various companies on the web advertising for updating the map software (NavNZ, Prestige Motors,Aautogravity etc...) - does anyone have any first hand experience with them (good or bad) and are there any pitfalls to look out for.

As I understand we he have the option of linking the phone to the car via airplay and using google maps to display through the virtual cockpit, but would be nice not to have to rely on the phone all the time.

Any advice gratefully received, thanking you in advance.

Cheers,

Aaron

GLIDN

it's the devices which are now region locked as appose to the software being region locked.

Found this out when assisting a mk7.5R owner in the beginning of the year with converting the virtual cockpit to KPH and kms instead of miles and MPH. They activate component protection which needs to be unlocked first. At that stage the correct region software can then be loaded accordingly.

Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

feijoa

Hi Glidn,

Thanks for the info.  Was the mph to kph a big problem? We were told by the dealer that this is a preference that can be user adjusted in a std menu (no need to unlock the device)?

Regarding the unlocking of the device though, can you help or put me in touch with someone who might be able to help?  I've had very little luck yet in getting a firm direction from anyone yet and I assume they'll need the NZ map file sets (& software?) to load up, once the region lock is disabled.  Feel free to PM me.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Aaron