1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

slowburn

99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

Brett

Doesn't seem right. Deemed a write off due to "pre accident condition" yet they say the engine is fine and interior is like new.
Previous:MKIII Golf GL, MKIV Golf GTI, E36 325i, E36 323i, B5 S4 sedan, C32 AMG, B5 S4 avant, BMW 740iL, MKV Golf Gti 2dr.

Current:
Company car
Weekend toy-2007 Golf Gti Edition 30

dummer

Quote from: Brett on October 17, 2018, 11:54:16 AM
Doesn't seem right. Deemed a write off due to "pre accident condition" yet they say the engine is fine and interior is like new.

Where you see due to pre-accident condition?
It said "deemed uneconomical to repair to its pre-accident condition by the insurer"

Brett

Misread it slightly. Point still stands though. Or has the value of these tanked that much that they're written off so easily.
Previous:MKIII Golf GL, MKIV Golf GTI, E36 325i, E36 323i, B5 S4 sedan, C32 AMG, B5 S4 avant, BMW 740iL, MKV Golf Gti 2dr.

Current:
Company car
Weekend toy-2007 Golf Gti Edition 30

Naekyr

Quote from: Brett on October 17, 2018, 02:06:31 PM
Misread it slightly. Point still stands though. Or has the value of these tanked that much that they're written off so easily.

given age and mileage, these sell for around $170k

must be a fair bit of damage if it was deemed uneconomical

Gordo

Private sale? Might have been someone who had their insurance cover turned down after repairs started and they couldn't afford to continue the repair - wouldn't be the first time someone was overcommitted, financially, and caught short?
These are my thoughts and opinions - sometimes I'm wrong, but not often ;-)

McDoof

Looks like the insurance has made a calculated decision.
Sell the car in its current state and put that towards the payment to the owner rather than repairing and risking possible blowouts if things don't go as planned.
NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

Filx

Whats the difference between a "Sport" and a "+" models?

Looking forward to these getting down to $25-30K mark for an early one with the 4.2 V8. Would be great fun with a manual trans.
FAIL - First Attempt In Learning

schattenblau

in about 20 years ?

:D

early r8's are still around the $80k mark

Filx

Quote from: schattenblau on October 18, 2018, 12:59:58 PM
in about 20 years ?

:D

early r8's are still around the $80k mark

Do you think 20 years? $80K asking currently for '08s but I bet a few sell for somewhat less than that.

R8s aren't Ferrari's so don't have brand value to hold the prices up. Everyone wants a V10 so the V8s will suffer even more, I kinda think they'll be the 996s of the R8 range.

Then factors come into play like they're starting to get old and expensive to own, the economy changes for the worse, further fuel price or tax increases and demand for expensive to own sports cars declines and quite possibly they taking a hammering over the next few years.

All academic anyway, I really don't know jack - time will tell.  :)
FAIL - First Attempt In Learning

Naekyr

Quote from: Filx on October 18, 2018, 11:18:07 AM
Whats the difference between a "Sport" and a "+" models?

Looking forward to these getting down to $25-30K mark for an early one with the 4.2 V8. Would be great fun with a manual trans.

buy two 1st gen RS3's and stick the engines together for a V10 :P