Windscreen Replacement ?

Started by heylinb4nz, November 20, 2018, 04:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heylinb4nz

Had a chip repaired on the TT back in June 2018, was OK with the minor blemish until I noticed the past few weeks it started to look like this...
Far bigger than orginal damage.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aYm8fyCZxFZZHgUohZ7mSYv1f6MhdcS8/view?usp=drivesdk

It's on passenger edge, am I being fussy or should I get this replaced ? I have full glass cover and to me this repair looks like a## on a nice car like the TT.

dummer

the phantom

we picked up a stone trip to the Wairarapa from Auckland recently, that developed into a 15cm crack, took it to a windscreen place in Masterton, they said "that's a WOF fail but it'll get you back home"

took it to Smith & Smith in the Wairau and they gave stellar service, vacuumed the car and washed all the windows

so do it
Land Transport New Zealand, taking the fun out of driving since August 2008

heylinb4nz

Quote from: dummer on November 20, 2018, 04:18:19 PM
bring it back...

Took it to a local Smith and Smith to where i'm working (outside of Hamilton) to get an assessment, and they reckon hairline cracks are where the original chip was filled (something about new cracking being black line vs the faint lines with resin in them, despite me seeing nothing but a minor scar about 4mm in diameter when the original branch first did the resin injection.

To me its new hairline cracking coming off the original chip, because if if it was 30mm length to begin with it would not have been eligible for repair.

AMI confirmed an active referral in the system and said to take it to the original place in Hamilton, so will most likely go back and ask them to replace before it reaches the edge.

dummer

I hope it's not a long ride back.