And this is for their ROAD car???

Started by Gordo, December 15, 2018, 06:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordo

These are my thoughts and opinions - sometimes I'm wrong, but not often ;-)

schattenblau

is that a new motor ?

don't their new friends at amg have hi-po v12s ?

Gordo

Yes, and no - they're going smaller engines with turbo's which are supposed to reflect their F1 tech'.

schattenblau

my bad, cars like sl65 amg were bi-turbo
should last longer than 100,000km though

>:D

brian

I think you are at cross purposes.....................noisy revvy engine is for the Valkryie; separately, they are apparently considering an inline 6 for use in some of the other models.
Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

schattenblau

Gordo

Quote from: brian on December 17, 2018, 11:20:30 AM
I think you are at cross purposes.....................noisy revvy engine is for the Valkryie; separately, they are apparently considering an inline 6 for use in some of the other models.

It would seem so.
The A-M is suposed to have a service life of, IIRC, 100k km, whereas the M-B is proposed to be half that. NOTE, this is their proposed 'uber' car* and not a 'normal' production car.

*The Mercedes ONE - https://www.cars.com/articles/mercedes-amg-one-f1-inspired-supercar-slims-down-name-1420703042153/
The Aston Martin Valkyrie - https://global.astonmartin.com/en-gb/models/aston-martin-valkyrie

schattenblau

not at cross purposes.

i was referring to amg's engine repertoire not their amg one super duper car

;D

Gordo

Naekyr

Quote from: schattenblau on December 17, 2018, 11:06:59 AM
my bad, cars like sl65 amg were bi-turbo
should last longer than 100,000km though

>:D

1000hp Naturally Aspirated over whatever the AMG is with its twin turbos

Having driven turbo, supercharge and NA cars, I'm safely in the NA camp. Sure I drive turbo cars myself, but I would much prefer an NA engine - if they could fit a decent NA engine into a small hatchback that is as I don't want to sacrifice performance for going to NA

I've driven some NA v8's, but I didnt like any of them, the cars were just far too big and heavy