wheels and tyres selling advice please

Started by the phantom, January 18, 2019, 10:27:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the phantom

I've got a set of MK4 GTI BBS wheels with 2 Micheling PS4s and 2 Pirelli P1s, both warrantable, the PS4s only a year old

listed twice on T-M at $350, then $300 and failed to sell both times despite up to 10 watchers

I know the market's moved on, but is it better to put them on at $1, or take the tyres off and sell all separately?

I want them gone

Land Transport New Zealand, taking the fun out of driving since August 2008

black16v

Well I guess it's all about where you see the value. Is it the wheels or the tyres? If it's the tyres then strip them and try and sell them, then maybe see what the scrap dealer will give you for the wheels. I wouldn't list at $1 on trademe because I don't list anything I think is less than $50. Any price less than that is not worth dealing with time wasters and sorting out freight etc.  I would rather just dump it. Watchers mean nothing. Money talks and bullcrap walks, as they say.
If you keep them complete then chances are you may sell to someone who needs to move a rolling body.
If you need them gone then just dump them.
Its a same they don't suit a  MK2.
These are just my thoughts to your question. Not the answer. (I think $300 is a fair price).
1988 MK II GTI 16V

brian

In my experience, the more watchers, the less chance of selling.
The cheapskates put a watch on and wait for a low 'buy now' offer after the listing has expired.
I have even had them ask for an offer..............my response to that is to offer at an increased price.
Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

VW'n

If you want them gone list them at the lowest price that will cover your time etc.
Then hope more then one person wants them and they bring the sale price up.
06 B6 Passat Wagon 2L Turbo (Family Wagon)
87 Mk2 Golf silver (the toy)
95 mk3 gti rusty ABF (Sold)
86 Mk2 Golf red (sold)
89 Mk2 Golf blue (sold)
85 Mk2 Golf GTI silver (parted)