How hot?

Started by le mans, January 28, 2019, 02:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

le mans

Supposed to be a bit of a scorcher around the country today. We had 35.5 on the DIS driving along in Tauranga a few minutes ago. Reported ambient is 30. What are others seeing?

brian

I'm getting sick of the constant news updates on the impending scorching conditions.......................all part of the climate change propaganda I suppose
Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

slowburn

35/36 IN GREYTOWN/MARTINBOROUGH EARLIER!
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

Gordo

Quote from: brian on January 28, 2019, 02:59:36 PM

I'm getting sick of the constant news updates on the impending scorching conditions.......................all part of the climate change propaganda I suppose

Propaganda? As in 'fake news' which is trump/WH code for "Yes, it's true but I/we don't want to talk about it"?  ???
These are my thoughts and opinions - sometimes I'm wrong, but not often ;-)

Worms

Our house in Whangarei was wide open all day, and it got to 32.2 in our walk-in pantry (away from heat sources, genuine ambient temp), around 16:00.

It's 19:40 now, and it's dropped all the way to 29.8...

The roofspace hit 64, and the "cold" water from the taps was so hot it burnt your hands...

heylinb4nz

31 on the DIS at Mclarens Falls 11:30am

ranton-inc

Quote from: Gordo on January 29, 2019, 01:54:02 PM
Propaganda? As in 'fake news' which is trump/WH code for "Yes, it's true but I/we don't want to talk about it"?  ???

the Temperatures are no worse then what I remember then when I was growing up? Sure the Season has shifted slightly but more or less for me personally there is no noticeable difference, probably more related to Earths orbit around Sol changing

This propoganda is reliant on the fact we have piss poor long term memory, I can't believe how many times they have reported  that we are going to have the last "Super Blood Red Blue Moon" in the next century, there has been at least 10 reported cases of this supposedly rare phenomena in the last couple years but hey everyone's dicks get hard every time they hear about it  ::)

I also recall a time we moved to non Paper type bags because shock horror we are destroying the forests, fast forward a few years, oh no we are polluting the oceans with "microplastics" or what ever other buzz word they come up with at the time.

We need to go to something renewable and biodegradable, i know lets make packaging biodegradable, Bags out of Paper i give it 5 years before we back again to destroying the forrests of the world.

brian

Could not agree more.
From what I see, most of the squarking is coming from those too young to know what has gone on in the past.
Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

Gordo

I'm sure you last chaps are well educated people who have actually been keeping up with things and know the term is "Climate Change" because some areas may actually see a drop - not the usual asine facktards who have their heads so far up their asses that they can see what they had for breakfast.
For those that are in the latter group, check out the Arctic icecap, Greenland glaciers - heck ANY glaciers worldwide, the Antarctic ice shelves, the icecaps on any mountain range in the worl, etc - they are ALL showing a MASSIVE loss of ice and every since amendment on the melt rate is worse than expected.
Then look at the local and global temperature averages and records around the world - with few exceptions ( there must be some) all of them are showing increases with multiple records being set. Because heat drives the weather cycles, there are also record lows because cold air is being driven down from the polar regions also part of why there is such severe ice loss.
Check out the sea temperatures around the world - they are quickly rising and are a big part of the Antarctic shelf melt - on that, check out the fears of the loss of the ice shelf 'footing'
Check out the global rain patterns and the disrupted 'monsoon' seasons.

Heck those who are the aforementioned "asine facktards who have their heads so far up their asses that they can see what they had for breakfast" folks - that I know aren't you chaps - obviously have to make a deliberate effort to ignore what is so well publicised and know by anyone with any awareness of events outside their bubles of unreality.
So, to iterate - "As in 'fake news' which is trump/WH code for "Yes, it's true but I/we don't want to talk about it"?"is an accurate summing up.

As an old fart, I do remember some glorious summers back in the seventies, and some rather less so, but don't confuse weather with climate, don't look at outliers but trends - your children and grand children are the ones who are going to be paying the price for what we have been doing today.

Gordo

Quote from: ziptie.nz on February 14, 2019, 10:50:34 AM

I can't believe how many times they have reported  that we are going to have the last "Super Blood Red Blue Moon" in the next century, there has been at least 10 reported cases of this supposedly rare phenomena in the last couple years but hey everyone's dicks get hard every time they hear about it  ::)

Forgot to comment earlier but the current phase of 'super' Moons reminded me.
Those are three different descriptive terms for lunar events -

A 'super' Moon is when it is closer than usual and appears larger, there is one tonight!

A 'blood', or 'red' moon is the term used for a lunar eclipse, when the Moon passes through the Earth's shadow, or umbra, and the light from the sun difusing throught the edge of the atmosphere gives it a dull red colour (the blue having been absorbed as it passed through the air) if you're fortunate enough to see one, you may see the colour of the Moon changing as the partial shadow, or penumbra, increases towards full eclipse. There is a pertial eclipse coming up on 17th July, you may see the reddening then - https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/in/new-zealand/auckland

A 'blue' Moon is actually not uncommon as it is merely the second full Moon in a calendar month. They occur every three years, or so, on average, and a year can even have 2 - although that is very rare. Had a check and the next one is May 19.

So, there is a reason you seem to hear some of those descriptive terms quite often, they aren't that unusual.
If anyone actuall reads that, and especially if you have kids at home, I suggest you take these events as learning oppertunities - weather permitting, of course.

Naekyr

Thought this was going to be about oil tempretures lol

Was gonna say the highest I've seen reported in my car is 105c