Standard Lupo GTi radio

Started by Duncan B, February 13, 2019, 07:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duncan B

Hey guys.

I'm about to pick up my '05 Lupo GTi and it has an aftermarket head unit installed as it, like all other Lupos, is an import. I prefer the OEM+ look so it needs to go. Sourcing a stock unit is proving difficult as all searches on google, ebay or trademe give me aftermarket units. Anyone have a standard one they want to sell? Filx said the Polo 6n2 one is the same. Alternatively, could anyone help me out with my searches? Keywords such as "polo mk3" and "polo 6n2" aren't helping.

Cheers guys.

Dunx 
99 S3 Imola Yellow, Yellowspeed coilovers, Rotiforms. Loud and low.

'80 Mk1 GTi resto mod project.

'05 Lupo GTi

80 Vert

Factory fitted is actually a mk4 Golf mini disc player. Easy to find but will be jap spec so needs an expander.
2010 T5 Transporter TDI  Tuned by Superior Tuning NZ
2003 Jetta Coupe soon to be R36TT
1991 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI swapped
1963 Type 34 Karmann Ghia, turbo 2.0
1990 Porsche 964 911 Carrera 4
1980 1303 Beetle vert, under restoration

rambo_005

A Gamma unit from a European or NZ new Mk4 Golf or B5 Passat would be the best bet, but that's radio cassette only. If there's two DIN slots you can also get a six stacker CD player.

albert7550

I used to have Jap import mk4/ 5 Golfs and always obsessed about this kind of thing, i.e. stock look but struggled with band expanders, mini discs, ancient cd changers, no bluetooth... honestly it's not worth it. Rather buy a quality modern head unit with red/ blue/ variable back lighting to match. Will end up costing less, with beter quality sound and have bluetooth music streaming and phone which is a necessity in any case. It is a bit of a challenge finding something that doesn't look like a space ship but nowadays decent Kenwood or Pioneers are really cheap.
2014 Audi S3
1992 VW Golf mk1 GTi Cabriolet
1970 Lancia Fulvia Coupe Rallye 1.3S

Duncan B

Quote from: albert7550 on February 13, 2019, 09:14:51 PM
I used to have Jap import mk4/ 5 Golfs and always obsessed about this kind of thing, i.e. stock look but struggled with band expanders, mini discs, ancient cd changers, no bluetooth... honestly it's not worth it. Rather buy a quality modern head unit with red/ blue/ variable back lighting to match. Will end up costing less, with beter quality sound and have bluetooth music streaming and phone which is a necessity in any case. It is a bit of a challenge finding something that doesn't look like a space ship but nowadays decent Kenwood or Pioneers are really cheap.

TBH Bluetooth would be handy. And yes,its the "spaceship" look i don't like. Food for thought anyway.

Cheers
99 S3 Imola Yellow, Yellowspeed coilovers, Rotiforms. Loud and low.

'80 Mk1 GTi resto mod project.

'05 Lupo GTi