WTB: Headliner and spotlights

Started by Noisyland, March 01, 2019, 03:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noisyland

Hi there. I am looking to purchase an affordable and complete headliner and two good condition spotlights to suit a mk2 gti 3dr with sunroof. Any help tracking these items would be immensely appreciated. :)

80 Vert

FYI the chances of you finding a useable mk2 headliner are very slim to probably none at all. A sunroof one even more so.
Try to salvage what you have if you can as there's just nothing out there anymore, these were brittle and hard to find 15 years ago let alone now.
2010 T5 Transporter TDI  Tuned by Superior Tuning NZ
2003 Jetta Coupe soon to be R36TT
1991 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI swapped
1963 Type 34 Karmann Ghia, turbo 2.0
1990 Porsche 964 911 Carrera 4
1980 1303 Beetle vert, under restoration

Noisyland

Thanks for the reply. I agree that they are likely to be in poor condition.  I was surprised not to be able to find anyone internationally that had cast a mold for these. Fingers crossed for a rare find somehow. :)

McDoof

UK ebay might be the best place to source the lights. Assuming you are after the big bumper fog lights right?
NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

Noisyland

Thanks for the suggestion. I am actually just after the two grille mounted spotlights. Both of mine rusted out. May well find some cost-effective ones on UK EBay... So thanks again for the suggestion.

McDoof

Quote from: Noisyland on March 06, 2019, 10:27:02 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I am actually just after the two grille mounted spotlights. Both of mine rusted out. May well find some cost-effective ones on UK EBay... So thanks again for the suggestion.

You may well have better luck with those locally from someone that has converted to a single light grille. If I remember correctly that are attached to the grille rather than any actual body work.
NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red