MK6 GTI CODING

Started by Astro, March 17, 2019, 11:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Astro

Who would you recommend in Auckland to do some simple coding tweaks - someone that knows their way with VAGCOM?

I am mainly interested in having the little parking lights under the xenon headlights on all the time as driving lights (without the tail lights on). I have the bright LED error-free replacement bulbs ready. 

Experts only please - no cowboys. Happy to pay a good hourly rate. Many thanks!
"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't."

McDoof

Where is Auckland are you based?
Hennie will sort you out if you are on the shore. (GLIDN on this forum)
NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

Astro

So not exactly an overwhelming response to my question from the NZ VW community. Cheers for yours McDoof btw!

In the meantime I googled...

Turns out you can do this yourself fairly easily. I got a thing called Carista for a few $$ from Aussie and now have all the things working just as I wanted them: my parking lights and fogs are now my DRLs since my 2009 Gti did not have any dedicated DRLs. These turn on when the ignition is on with the light switch in Auto position. They have no affect on the daytime google maps mode on my brand new Sony head unit (Android Auto - so much better than the OEM stereos and navigation!) and switch off when the headlights come on.

Using Carista I also made the instrument needles sweep when the car turns on just for fun.

Next I'm going to replace the bulbs in the parking lights and fog lights with Canbus compatible LEDs since they now run all the time. Amazon has tons of them.

Btw here's an excellent list of coding tweaks for Mk6 Golfs from another VW forum if anyone's interested:

https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36478
"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't."

brian

MrPositive stocks canbus compatible LED's
Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

Chchgti35

What I want is the Led DRLs to extinguish on left or right side when turn signal is in use as per newer vehicles. This doesn?t happen on ed 35 model but it should be do?able. I dont have any gizmo?s (i am old) and am a little hesitant to mess or have someone mess with it with VW warranty still in effect, if they (dealer)  ?find a way not to pay? for anything in the future my wife would be ?quite disappointed? with me.

GLIDN

great to hear you got your coding sorted.

I'm afraid I'm not on here as frequently as I would like. If you shot me a PM. I would have been more than happy to assist.
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning