Coil Packs on Mk6 GTi CDL engine

Started by Chchgti35, March 17, 2019, 11:36:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chchgti35

86,000kms from new, how long do coil packs usually last ? Have noticed what I thought was a tyre issue at 100kph but maybe a misfire? Coil packs were my first place to look, any thoughts please?

GLIDN

could be coil pack, spark plugs, both or even carbon build up.

What tests, check or logging have you performed to understand the misfire issue?
This will help in narrowing down where the issue can be.

if you're after coil packs, send me PM, can assist I have two sets available. Pretty reasonably priced as well.

Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

Chchgti35

Thanks haven?t had time at this stage to look into it any further, doesn?t seem to have the issue when running revs up to 3000rpm stationery. Appreciate the feedback. Will keep your offer in mind and appreciate they wont be there for ever.  Cheers,

80 Vert

Most likely a bad spark plug. In MOST not all cases a bad coil will flash the check engine light or it stays on solid.
A bad plug however won't give a fault code so I'd start with new plugs.
2010 T5 Transporter TDI  Tuned by Superior Tuning NZ
2003 Jetta Coupe soon to be R36TT
1991 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI swapped
1963 Type 34 Karmann Ghia, turbo 2.0
1990 Porsche 964 911 Carrera 4
1980 1303 Beetle vert, under restoration

Chchgti35

Thanks its due for service in June (cambelt also due yay!) so if the plugs are due it could be a pricey trip to the dealership. It has VW warranty so If i get the work done elsewhere blah blah usual drama. They Quoted $1255 last June for cambelt and associated parts so this trip may hit $2k with the service included.

80 Vert

Why people pay these high dealership prices is beyond me.
2010 T5 Transporter TDI  Tuned by Superior Tuning NZ
2003 Jetta Coupe soon to be R36TT
1991 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI swapped
1963 Type 34 Karmann Ghia, turbo 2.0
1990 Porsche 964 911 Carrera 4
1980 1303 Beetle vert, under restoration

Alittletuningco

Happy to scan the car so you can see the exact cause of the issue of you want. We're based in CHCH and will happily come to you.

Chchgti35

Quote from: Alittletuningco on March 27, 2019, 01:02:46 PM
Happy to scan the car so you can see the exact cause of the issue of you want. We're based in CHCH and will happily come to you.
Thanks its very minor (possibly my imagination even) at this stage. Will keep that in mind though.

Chchgti35

Quote from: 80 Vert on March 26, 2019, 09:08:43 PM
Why people pay these high dealership prices is beyond me.
Its due to the VW warranty, if work is done outside the dealership network any claims are subject to an excess. Agree its excessive but if something goes bang before the warranty runs out at least its covered. Once warranty expires I wont be going back to the dealer. I did buy parts from the local dealer (air filter) and it was cheaper than a VW parts seller/dismantler in Auckland so at least on parts they dont seem to be taking the P... but labour is up there.