Aftermarket bushings

Started by Dapperlol, March 27, 2019, 10:41:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dapperlol

Hi all,
I have been dealing with issues in my Pirelli Ed GTI since I purchased it in November, there is intense creak/squeaks coming from all four corners of the car and a slight knock in the front.
Have had it looked at and apparently has aftermarket sway bars in and bushings, the issue being that these do not appear to be readily available.
Does anyone have any experience with 26mm bushings in a MK5 GTI?
Also has an ARB in the boot.
Thanks
09 MK5 Pirelli ed

McDoof

If you have aftermarket bushings, they probably have not been properly greased. Get some marine grease and get it into the bushings. Should shut the squeaking up. Might not be so easy to get at if they are dry.
NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

dummer

I have knocking sound when I just changed my sway bar without changing the links and I constantly have problems with my struct bearings (I have replaced 3 sets from different shops and they were all munted when taken out)

Fizz

creaking and knocking is also a known symptom regarding your subframe moving the mk5's are known for it. Look at Tyrolsport or 034 Motorsport subframe locking kits.
http://www.tyrolsport.com/categories/suspension-chassis/

Dapperlol

Cheers for the replies, I had the bushings greased and was told there was obvious wear but the shop couldn't source them hence this question. I haven't looked into the subframe kit as all signs point towards bushings ATM but thanks for that. anyone have any ideas on how much factory OEM kits run?
09 MK5 Pirelli ed

McDoof

NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

Essbe

Contact your local Autolign store, they are now NZ distributors for Superpro
MK7 Golf R | MSE hybrid turbo | ESP custom dyno tune