New (to me) 2014 Golf R

Started by JaseNZ, April 16, 2019, 12:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaseNZ

So turned up today and have spent a lot of the morning zipping around in it. So far so good just have to get to used to it.

Where can I turn the start stop off when at lights etc I bloody hate that feature.

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding : Ice cream man , Ice cream man

JaseNZ

JaseNZ

Where would be a good place to look for the options build sticker , Have looked most places that I can think of.

brian

Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

albert7550

Or inside cover page of service book
2014 Audi S3
1992 VW Golf mk1 GTi Cabriolet
1970 Lancia Fulvia Coupe Rallye 1.3S

JaseNZ

Quote from: albert7550 on April 16, 2019, 04:33:36 PM
Or inside cover page of service book

No sign of the service book.

One curious thing  every option was pretty well ticked for the build except the reversing camera yet has the parking pilot.

brian

I thought service books were a thing of the past
Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

LouieP

Nice, judging by the nice spec and no service book would mean Jap import :angel:? Those are better spec'd than our base nz new cars anyway so who cares. I believe you can permanently disable the start/stop through vagcom
NZ New MK3 Golf VR6 3 Door

JaseNZ

Quote from: LouieP on April 16, 2019, 05:49:09 PM
Nice, judging by the nice spec and no service book would mean Jap import :angel:? Those are better spec'd than our base nz new cars anyway so who cares. I believe you can permanently disable the start/stop through vagcom

Yup import , Vagcom is on the way as we speak.

schattenblau

jap import ?

gazley stuffs up another description...

jap, aus, us market R's get a slightly detuned 206kw instead of the eu/nz 221kw.

same torque 380nm.

Brett

Easy enough to sort that and unlock more power with a stage 1 tune....
Previous:MKIII Golf GL, MKIV Golf GTI, E36 325i, E36 323i, B5 S4 sedan, C32 AMG, B5 S4 avant, BMW 740iL, MKV Golf Gti 2dr.

Current:
Company car
Weekend toy-2007 Golf Gti Edition 30

JaseNZ

Fist mod, Add all the radio stations in, Gotta start somewhere

Naekyr

Quote from: schattenblau on April 16, 2019, 06:05:53 PM
jap import ?

gazley stuffs up another description...

jap, aus, us market R's get a slightly detuned 206kw instead of the eu/nz 221kw.

same torque 380nm.

Gazley is a odd one (to me at least) - they say they are an official dealer for several brands, including mercedez benz etc

I have not found another dealer selling an official brand car that isn't NZ new, except that's exactly what Gazley does - I even asked Mercedes head office about this but never got a reply back.

I assume Gazley is just buying these cars off a wholesale importer

For instance when I was looking at trading in the golf, at that time the car was within the 5 or 6 year period where they will re-sell it on their yard but the VAG dealers I spoke to all said they would not put the car on their yard because it wasn't NZ new

JaseNZ

So had it for a couple of weeks now and all I can say is oh yeah. So much I love about it.

I do love the heated leather seats and the push to start, its the small things that keep me happy lol.

Its going in next week for a full inspection and the following'

Oil change and flush
DSG service
Haldex Service
Coolant flush
Brake fluid flush and change
Maps updated

Still getting used to it but grin every time I get into it. My wife just rolls her eyes lol.

Naekyr

Once you get heated and cooling leather seats there is no going back, the heating is awesome for winter and the cooling awesome for summer

Glad to hear you're so happy :)

Next up is convincing the wife you need a Stage 2 tune

JaseNZ

Quote from: Naekyr on April 28, 2019, 10:26:52 PM

Next up is convincing the wife you need a Stage 2 tune

The car cost me a new 5k ring for her so will hold off for 12 months before it needs to go in for a "Tune" if you know what I mean. ;)

JaseNZ

Service was carried out and everything checked and all well.

Ordered MIB 2.5 9.2" retrofit kit as well. Should be in next week and I can install next weekend.

the phantom

Quote from: JaseNZ on April 16, 2019, 12:54:47 PM

Where can I turn the start stop off when at lights etc I bloody hate that feature.

auto stop/start makes so much more sense with the amber before green that you get in the UK
Land Transport New Zealand, taking the fun out of driving since August 2008

byront8

Quote from: JaseNZ on May 04, 2019, 11:48:08 AM
Service was carried out and everything checked and all well.

Ordered MIB 2.5 9.2" retrofit kit as well. Should be in next week and I can install next weekend.

Is your retrofit kit component portection free? The new MIB systems are region and VIN locked, they have to be remotely adjusted to allow for all options to be opened up.

Conversions on the MIB are $1200nzd for all options porgrammed, NZ firmware and maps installed.

Alittletuingco in CHCH are setup for these.