04 A3 Quattro 3.2 Direct Injected?

Started by Chchgti35, May 14, 2019, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chchgti35

Hi there,
Random question, just saw one on Trademe, vehicle images includes with a service invoice including ?carbon clean? with $85 for the product and $445 for 5 x hours labour for the ?carbon clean? along with $110 for pollen filter etc etc. Has this guy been ripped off? He wasn?t moaning i just saw the invoice and though carbon clean is only for GDI engines, thought 04 was a bit old for that?

Worms

Direct injection was in the Touran 1.6 FSI and 2.0FSI in 2004, but the 8P A3 3.2 was the same engine as the R32 Golf - NOT FSI direct injected...

Chchgti35

Thanks, thats VERY interesting as I asked the seller the question and he said he spoke to the servicing garage and they confirmed ?direct injection? the listing # is 2058297565
Not trying to cause anyone any trouble, just curious, the vin has 8P in it and the engine code is BDB. Surely they wouldn?t try a stunt like that would they ?

Trofeo

All cars will benefit from a carbon clean, just direct injection engines suffer buildup much quicker and more severely. However on a low mileage car like this I'd question the justification for spending $500 on it.

Seems like quite a lot of car for close to $6k, although I question the quick flick.
2015 Amarok 4WD auto
2018 Golf R-Line Tsi

Lurch

I have never seen a VR6 with carbon build up, there is too much fuel washing past the intake ports and valves, this guy has completely been taken for a ride

Chchgti35

The part that begs the question is: why is he being told this car is DI when according to several knowledgeable people here, it is not? That?s a very scary scenario