Amarok v fence posts

Started by philz, May 18, 2019, 07:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philz

Hi all,

Planned on spending today digging holes to concrete posts for a new fence at home.

One hole in I get a phone call from my son to announce that his car has broken down, 2014 Amarok.

Pack up, grab some tools and head out to see whats he?s done. He said battery and ems lights came on along with rattle from engine. I know what it is, i knew it would catch him out.

At 125000kms, his cam belt lasted 25000kms longer than i told him it would.

So now, on top of all my other jobs im looking at a top end rebuild on his Amarok, lucky me......

I?ll start collecting parts now, until I can find time to get into it.

Last VW i had the head off was his Mk3 golf, I suspect  this will be a bit trickier.

I would normally go to ebay, unless anyone can recommend a local supplier for head set, valves and belts here in Auckland?

Any special tools im likely to need?

Thanks all

Phil ( going for a beer now )

GLIDN

to be fair, might be easier finding a replacement engine?
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

philz

Hi All,

Im going to re time and fit a new belt but im having trouble confirming timing marks.

Can anyone post an image for me, ive got locking tools just want to make sure its lined up first.

Thanks

Phil

philz

Update....

New belt and tensioner, re timed, wont start.

I thought id get the cam cover off and check for top end damage.

3 out of 4 injectors  out no problem, 1 very very stuck. All of the ijectors had a bit of gunk around them, but number 1 wont budge, i reckon it will be tar like crap holding it in, it is jammed solid.

Any recommendations for a cleaner to squirt down the side of the injector to break it down?

Cheers

Phil

philz

Given up removing injector for now, smashed rocker cover to assess other damage.

Found 6 broken rockers, time to get hunting for parts.....