B7 DRLs/Parking Lights/Fogs Help

Started by bnneie, June 04, 2019, 10:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bnneie

I'm wanting to make some changes to the lighting on the car, and even after extensive reading, I'm needing some advice.

I currently have all stock bulbs, and DRLs do not work/are not active and the car does not have the DLR switch, just the fogs/coming home switch.

Couple of questions;

- Can the City/Park lights be completely deactivated with VAG-COM/VCDS?
- To activate DRLs in my car, do I just purchase the DRL/Coming home switch (https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/drl-coming-home-switch/8e1919094d5pr/), install, and change the coding via VCDS?
- If above is true, where can I find the exact coding required?
- What white-ish bulbs can I put in both the DRLs and fogs which will match? Halogens or LEDs.

The end goal is to have;

1. Park Lights/City Lights are not active at all
2. DRLs are activated with white bulbs installed
[INDENT]a) DRLs active when 'park lights' are selected
b) DRLs not active when xenons are on
d) I'm not worried about the 'Auto' setting[/INDENT]

Thanks in advance all.

IAN96

Hi bnneie
I've just made my DRL's go on B7 RS4.  Added the switch you found (make sure it is the rhd version) which I got very reasonably from Archibalds.  Very easy 2 minute fit as replacement for original coming home light switch.  The single wire from the switch to the controller was already in place.
Easy coding change via VCDS - just one change.   Module 09 (central control)  changed coding from 01031 to 01021. Told it that BiXenon lights had drl's.
Worked a treat.
Works when lights are off (and drl's turned on), and turns off when lights are on. Or can turn off completely via the new switch.
S8 D4
RS4 B7
'91 S2

beeker

Many years ago I had A 2007 rs4 avant
I had the dealer activate via coding the drl
Ie no switch

14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car