Warranty has almost paid for itself already

Started by Chchgti35, June 10, 2019, 07:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chchgti35

First warranty claim, took car in for service and cambelt replacement. Was ready for nasty bill from the dealership, had quote for cambelt job and because its a 2012 the very helpful parts guy quoted me the the ?Plus 4 club? prices for VW?s more than 4 years old. This is a very handy saving and after I had to query the bill (they had accidentally charged me incorrectly) I got a very nice $205 refund. They also quoted me $2595 to replace the aircon compressor (I said it was noisy and suspected it was a dud), they phoned me today top advise the warranty firm had agreed to cover the work with no excess required. Just have to book it in now, pretty happy with that overall. Anyone else had issues with Aircon on sub 100k VW?s?

schattenblau

AC on my 58k 2005 GTI was a couple of hamburgers over $2k   :-\

Rooted compressor, stuffed TX valve and duff high pressure switch.

:'(

Chchgti35

Wow, mine was just noisy, it seemed to work okay, had read that they weren?t the most reliable bits on the car so thought I should ask the question. Glad I did.

schattenblau

Mine wasn't noisy, one day it just stopped blowing cold air.

>:(

McDoof

Had the condenser fail on mine at just over 100k. $800 later. Fair chunk was labour due to having to remove most of the front end to get to it.
NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red