Passat 3.2 2008ish

Started by Chchgti35, June 12, 2019, 07:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chchgti35

A few itching questions have I, How much HP do these models typically produce? They seem to be a huge amount of car for the money, leather seats look amazing, they seem somehow too good to be true when some of the sell prices on TM are taken into account. I see the oil pump bolt and timing chains can be an issue, otherwise are they a good place to throw your money? What is fuel economy like? Dumb questions end.

McDoof

These are pretty good value for money. Maybe a little thirsty by today's standards and not as desirable as the TDI. But still a solid 180ish kw or power
NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

ben_d

I bought one earlier this year and I get 8.7l/100km out of it in normal city traffic, so not too bad for a 3.2. Can't beat the sound of a VR6 either.

Chchgti35

Wow that?s heaps better than my wife?s GTi it only gets close to 10L/100km around town

Filx

The oil pump bolt is the major issue as far as I am aware. I understand it was resolved in later models so like always I guess get the latest car possible. They do seem amazing value for money, really well appointed and they also have some serious brakes on them (they look Golf R32 sized).
FAIL - First Attempt In Learning

McDoof

The MK5 gets 12 around town and around 7 on the open road...
The town fuel consumption is not helped by the brick strapped to my right foot though.  8)
So 8.7 on the open road is actually not bad. What's town consumption like? 13-14?
NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red