2009 S4 B8 Bluetooth Module

Started by mikivuk, June 22, 2019, 05:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikivuk

Hi everyone.

This is my very first post.
I am a owner of the 2009 S4 B8 (Imola Yellow) Avant which is a Japanese import.
I still have my A4 1.8t B5 which I had for 13 years.
Telephone is not working and I suspect the bluetooth module is broken.
I bought a second hand bluetooth module without actually checking if its even capable of having one.
I read online these cars have a bluetooth/telephone module unde rthe carpet on the front passenger side.

I also bought a Ross-Tech VCDS and there is no mention of telephone. 

Any ideas?
Thanks
Cheers,
Micky

Alittletuningco

Hey there!

More likely if you have a cable in the armrest - the car was originally equipped with the Audi telephone not Bluetooth. In which case you will be missing the wiring harness also to the unit under the drivers seat.

Most 2G systems didn?t come with Bluetooth as standard it was an optional extra (believe t was standard on the A8/Q7).

mikivuk

Thanks for the reply Alittletuningco :)

Yep there is that cable in the armrest and that is a bit of a bummer if my car is missing the wiring harness as I already spend $300 for a second hand bluetooth module.
So you think the module is under the driver car seat, under the carpet or just under the seat??
I might have a look under there to see.
Yeah I might email you but its a shame I a live in Wellington as I would be interested in getting the car tuned.
I know that some tuning can be just done by inserting the chip into the vag-com.

I love Audis, my dad back in Europe had Audi 80 and 100 and my cousin had a 80's Audi quattro and that car was just an amazing car.

coleadve

Nothing in the glove compartment, ie an ipod dock?  It'll be an old apple 30 pin connector.    If so, you can get a bluetooth module (tune2air) that is the same 30 ping apple plug, and then any bluetooth phone can stream audio to it, and he car think its an ipod.

I have a 2010 A4 with the bluetooth phone and the 2g mmi, and it has the  iphone connector in it.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-tune2air-parts/tune2air-plug-and-play-bluetooth-adapter/wma3000a~t2a/

mikivuk

Hi coleadve,

Yep it did already have tune2air attached to the AMI cable and I can listen to music via my phone, but I somehow want to get my phone connected to the car so I can have hands free capabilities while talking hopefully by OEM root but if not then I have to get an aftermarket bluetooth.
I was hoping I can get the Audi MMI telephone working via bluetooth but it might not have one as it was not an optional extra.
The car has pretty much every other option but not that bluetooth telephone connectivity.
I just hope the bluetooth is broken and that at least has the wiring loom under the seat.

Micky

Tikka7mm08

Any update @mikivut ?

I am in same boat - got Tune 2 Air but won't work with AMI in glove box. Got a cheap BT/USB dongle and that let me streams audio via the AMI/MMI.

Got the cable in the glovebox, was wondering if I could attach an adapter that lets me connect the phone for charging and possibly for calls?

Not sure what it cable end it is thought. 2008 A4 B8.

Alittletuningco

Can?t be done that way - the unit in the glove box is an Audi AMI (music interface) on the older 2G mmi units this didnt allow for Bluetooth calling. It was controlled by a different unit under the drivers seat, you can retrofit, but last I looked it was over $600 including the unit and cable wiring etc.

Best to look at a Fiscon Bluetooth Unit, or a RSNav system, or retrofit the 3G/3G+ system (prices increases from the cheapest to the most expensive option)

This is a 3G+ retrofit in a 2010 S4