2006 Golf R32 rear drivers side door leak

Started by MonkeyGOD, June 27, 2019, 12:43:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MonkeyGOD

Hoping someone might be able to help me out with a problem I'm having.

Whenever it rains I get some condensation forming inside the window on the rear drivers side door. I've had a look at the other side which isn't leaking and can't see anything that looks different. I'm thinking it might be the window seal but as a new one is not cheap I was hoping someone might have a good idea of what's causing it before I start replacing things. Here's some pics of the condensation. https://imgur.com/a/bNK5RC0

The carpets and stuff aren't wet it's just the bit of condensation like in the pics, it is a bigger patch if it was heavy rain though.

Thanks in advance

dummer

will oiling the windows seal help?

I'm just throwing ideas...haven't tried

I hav same problem after washing the car...

MonkeyGOD

Thanks, open to any suggestions. It's got to be worth a try, definitely cheaper to try than a new seal.

The Red Warrior

Mine will do that too after washing my car. If you park overnight in a garage try leaving the windows down for a few nights. You can even leave a dehumidifier in the car overnight too.

MonkeyGOD

Have you noticed any negative effects from this? I've got a dehumidifier in the car currently.

McDoof

I run a dehumidifier in my car every now 'n' then during winter. Actually makes the car much nicer to be in. Clears out all the moisture that inevitably gets inside due to rain getting in when its bucketing down and you get in the car. Water dragged in on shoes etc.

NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red