Jap Radio Coding to NZ (A1)

Started by m100, July 22, 2019, 10:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m100

Hi,

I've just got a 2012 A1 Jap Import fitted with the 3GP MMI and I would like to sort out the radio band range and looking for some advice. From I can gather,unlike some 3GP systems, the one in the A1 doesn't need a hardware change. However I am unable to find any information on exactly what is changed. Would anyone be able the help?  Is this done via:

1) VCDS coding of the Radio module?
2) EPROM modification of the Radio module?
3) Firmware update to change of region of the MMI ?
4) Some combination of the above?

Any pointers would be welcome.

Cheers

Alittletuningco

Quote from: m100 on July 22, 2019, 10:40:54 AM
Hi,

I've just got a 2012 A1 Jap Import fitted with the 3GP MMI and I would like to sort out the radio band range and looking for some advice. From I can gather,unlike some 3GP systems, the one in the A1 doesn't need a hardware change. However I am unable to find any information on exactly what is changed. Would anyone be able the help?  Is this done via:

Cheers

It?s a combo of all three - the unit is a RMC which has the same look as the MMI but is all contained as one single unit - like the Q3.

You?d have to flash the eeprom with the right language file, then change the internal region to Australia. Then install new firmware and maps - then finally get the maps activated remotely.

Daz42

Quote from: m100 on July 22, 2019, 10:40:54 AM
Hi,

Cheers

Did you find any answers to this? If not, I know how to convert the whole A1 MMI 3GP system from Japanese to NZ including Radio. The radio part is not VCDS unfortunately.