2009 R32 Engine cutting off, displaying battery sign

Started by R32owner, August 14, 2019, 01:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R32owner

Hello there,
A couple of days ago, after harsh acceleration, as I slowed down to approach an intersection to turn right, car just turned off steering wheel, brakes all electrics lost.. In a second or two, battery sign showed up.
As I was still in motion, I quickly put it in neutral, switched off and started again. It worked but then engine sign came on and stayed on for 2 days before disappearing all on its own.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Thank you.

Naekyr

May not be related - but something similar happened to my mk6 GTI - I was just driving normally though, up hill slow speed. Traffic light up ahead, started braking and when the car got to 5kmph, the engine cut off.
Just the battery light was on. I turned the ignition off and on, car started fine and has driven fine for months until recently the check engine light came on.

Turns out, it was an issue somewhere with the N80 purge valve, Charcoal canister and/or wiring. The VW dealer never bothered to diagnose the exact culprit, they wanted to replace the entire EVAP system.
I just unplugged the N80 valve, clean it and plugged it back in - the check engine light went off and has stayed off for 2 weeks now and car is driving sweet no issues.