2010 MK6 Brake Upgrade

Started by Mattidmk6, October 12, 2019, 05:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattidmk6

My brakes are due for a change or replace on my Golf R, just wondering if its better to upgrade? (if so what to) or just to replace with standard R brakes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers Matt

schattenblau

Brakes    ;)

Upgrade pads and fluid should be enough for road use.

McDoof

Depends on what you are doing.
Pads and fluid upgrades should be enough for everything up to occasional track use.
If you are going to running it on the track regularly you may want to go bigger to reduce the workload on them.

But if all you are doing is road driving. Any high heat pads are a PITA. Even though modern ones no longer require warming up to work. They still make a lot of dust and get noisy. 
I found that putting on a decent set of ceramic pads did what I needed. Low dust, no noise. Just don't try this on a track. They will probably fade faster than Scotland's hopes of getting into the Ruby quarter finals.
NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

Mattidmk6

Thanks man. Yeah the ones that are one there now make a crap ton of dust and I'm forever cleaning my mags. It's stage 2 tuned and atm don't have time to get on a track.

Thanks for the advice.

schattenblau

give the guys at race brakes a call.

8)

GLIDN

ceramic pads and power one discs are a nice upgrade.

ECS do a two-piece rotor that's much lighter than OEM, which is another option to look into.

Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning