NZ New Fabia vRS Mk1 otteinger ECU

Started by Johnsnz, October 20, 2019, 08:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnsnz

Hi,

A couple of weeks ago I bought a cheapish Fabia vRS for a project car and to teach my eldest lad to drive a manual.

The car had a few simply fixed issues and we?ve been working through those.

The car is an 03 and NZ new all be it with UK spec Speedo and LCD?s with quite a good spec 6 disc CD changer, boot pockets, Fabia rubber mat set and an Oettinger sticker on the ECU.

The folk?s over at  Briskoda advise that this was not a dealer option in the UK market. So I was wondering if it was a dealer option here and if not where might the ECU have been reflashed in. NZ and if anyone has any idea what tune this might have given the car. It certainly pulls well enough.

Any advice greatfully received.
Mk7 Golf GTi Performance, Skoda Fabia vRS mk1

ranton-inc

ottenger was a tuning brand offered by Giltrap at some point...

Can flash a stock map back on it easily enough..

i have a stock VRS ecu at home

Johnsnz

Thanks for the reply

That makes sense the car is ex giltrap... Based on the service book..

Also thanks for the offer.. I?m happy with the way it goes. I was just wondering what the re map had done over the stock vRS tune?

Is the any simple way to find out?

Cheers

John

GLIDN

Quote from: Johnsnz on October 21, 2019, 09:23:56 PM
Thanks for the reply

That makes sense the car is ex giltrap... Based on the service book..

Also thanks for the offer.. I?m happy with the way it goes. I was just wondering what the re map had done over the stock vRS tune?

Is the any simple way to find out?

Cheers

John

without logging and actually comparing to stock or putting on a dyno? You would not truly know.
personally I would recommend logging as the most crucial component. As the Dyno does not provide a full picture.
Only AFR, boost and possible power.

you might also find that somewhere along the lines? the car might have been retuned or reverted as well.
Regardless that the sticker is on the ECU itself.

Even in stock form, the Fabia's are amazing little cars.
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

Johnsnz

Thanks for that,

When you say log ( and cut me some slack here as I?m relatively new to the world of ecu tuning and remaps)
Do you mean data logging the cars performance via the OBD2 port?

This will give me power output numbers etc??

I agree the Fabia is a cool little car and goes really nicely.. Although I need to get on and refresh the brakes all round..

GLIDN

Quote from: Johnsnz on October 22, 2019, 07:21:42 PM
Thanks for that,

When you say log ( and cut me some slack here as I?m relatively new to the world of ecu tuning and remaps)
Do you mean data logging the cars performance via the OBD2 port?

This will give me power output numbers etc??

I agree the Fabia is a cool little car and goes really nicely.. Although I need to get on and refresh the brakes all round..

Indeed,

Data logging the ECU parameters via the OBD2 Diagnostic port utilizing VCDS (known as Ross-tech)
It will provide you with enough information to advise, Air fuel ratio, boost pressure actual vs requested, fuel pressure, what the injectors are doing etc.
With all that information you can calculate power of a vehicle yes...

Never be afraid to ask questions on the VASK forum, there are many of us. Happy to provide information and help where we can.

Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

Ntcrst

Hi guys , do you both have your respective cars ? I'm looking for a another one. Or if you know of one. Also can you guide me to where i can post tor best coverage.im doing a big recommishion on my wide body.most interested in any service/ wear tupe arts. Car has a definite tarmac rally type flavor and are looking for upgrades in proformanceacross the board. Brakes 312mm ? . Ar t minimum. Suspension. High end coil ovesr / sway bars / tt hub carriers?? And tune ?????  Chipexpress  ,? Chip / box or remap ???? And a turbo upgrab? Many thanks . Pase the word ? Matt

RS ZWEI

Quote from: Ntcrst on February 06, 2022, 05:05:45 PM
Hi guys , do you both have your respective cars ? I'm looking for a another one. Or if you know of one. Also can you guide me to where i can post tor best coverage.im doing a big recommishion on my wide body.most interested in any service/ wear tupe arts. Car has a definite tarmac rally type flavor and are looking for upgrades in proformanceacross the board. Brakes 312mm ? . Ar t minimum. Suspension. High end coil ovesr / sway bars / tt hub carriers?? And tune ?????  Chipexpress  ,? Chip / box or remap ???? And a turbo upgrab? Many thanks . Pase the word ? Matt

Is yours black or silver?
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

Period_Correct_

Quote from: GLIDN on October 24, 2019, 09:00:05 PM
Indeed,

Data logging the ECU parameters via the OBD2 Diagnostic port utilizing VCDS (known as Ross-tech)
It will provide you with enough information to advise, Air fuel ratio, boost pressure actual vs requested, fuel pressure, what the injectors are doing etc.
With all that information you can calculate power of a vehicle yes...

Never be afraid to ask questions on the VASK forum, there are many of us. Happy to provide information and help where we can.

Hmmmm, how do you know if the sensors aren?t a little out? Do you just assume that the sensors are gospel and go by that?
1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26