Throttle Dead Zone and Replacement Keys

Started by kiwibloke, October 23, 2019, 07:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwibloke

Hello everyone,

I finally managed to pick the car (05 Audi A6) up last weekend. Turns out the seller didn't tell me about a couple of issues. It had a dead battery and I got stalled right after picking it up. :/ Thanks to AA was back on the road after being slapped with a $430 bill.

Drove back from Napier and en route figured that the throttle has a dead zone in initial travel. Been doing some reading around this and turns out it affects many Audi cars of this era. Some people recommended https://idrivenz.co.nz/ to resolve this. But again it costs $350.  :( Does anybody have a cheaper working solution to fix this issue ?

Plus, there is some rattling issues in the cabin. (I know it's a 15 year old car) but I am just the paranoid person who likes things fixed. I believe it is some screws that are out of place in the trims on the dash and somewhere in the rear of the cabin.

Also, the guy had only one key. I'm also looking to get an additional one done, just in case of emergencies. Need some recommendations guys.

PS: I'm in Wellington.

Thanks,
AK
'05 Audi A6 2.4

kiwibloke

Update: Fixed the throttle dead zone by cleaning the throttle body. It reset now and I don't have the dead zone issue any more.
'05 Audi A6 2.4