Allroad c6 MMI screen issues.

Started by Deano77, November 27, 2019, 02:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deano77

Hi guys, wondering if you can help?

Have an 07 c6 allroad imported from Singapore ages ago and a while back the main mmi screen flickered, went a funny colour, came back on, a few days after everything died.

Found it to be a fuse so changed, radio now works again but the main screen comes on for 1 to 2 seconds when turn ignition on then goes off.

Radio still works and can still adjust station/suspension via dash lcd.

Anyone know what's going on and how to fix?

Thanks.

kiwibloke

'05 Audi A6 2.4

Deano77

Just ran diagnostic this morning and no errors showing at all.

Deano77

It is however telling me fault code 02259

Any ideas?

portmanteau

If it was a Jap import I would suggest you might have water under the front passenger carpet (getting into the Japanese LVDS video interface box), but you are quite sure it's ex-Singapore, and so effectively a UK/NZ-new spec?

Have you taken a close look at the state of the short cable that links the control head module (above glovebox) to the display?
'94 S2 Avant N300 Nothelle, '94 S2 Sedan '84 urq,'80 Golf GTI replica, '83 Rocco GTI, '99 TT, '07 Q7, '99 S4 Avant, '86 90Q, '63 DKW Junior, other non-VAG collectibles, & 2 lonely 200Q

Alittletuningco

Screen isnt connected by the MOST so the diagnostic test will not show if its faulted out or not.

I think i have a spare screen if you wanted to test it out, happy to send it up - pulled it from my S4 but the part number will be the same.

Deano77

Quote from: portmanteau on February 27, 2020, 01:20:26 AM
If it was a Jap import I would suggest you might have water under the front passenger carpet (getting into the Japanese LVDS video interface box), but you are quite sure it's ex-Singapore, and so effectively a UK/NZ-new spec?

Have you taken a close look at the state of the short cable that links the control head module (above glovebox) to the display?

Thanks for the advice but I think I'll try the below advice r.e. possible screen issues before I move on to this one.

Deano77

Quote from: Alittletuningco on February 28, 2020, 10:09:44 AM
Screen isnt connected by the MOST so the diagnostic test will not show if its faulted out or not.

I think i have a spare screen if you wanted to test it out, happy to send it up - pulled it from my S4 but the part number will be the same.

Hi,

If you do have a spare screen, I'd definitely be up for trying that as I was considering getting one of ali express or the like. Just let me know how much you're looking for and I can deposit where required.

Alittletuningco

Quote from: Deano77 on March 01, 2020, 10:30:19 AM
Hi,

If you do have a spare screen, I'd definitely be up for trying that as I was considering getting one of ali express or the like. Just let me know how much you're looking for and I can deposit where required.

PM me! :)

Deano77

Quote from: Deano77 on March 01, 2020, 10:30:19 AM
Hi,

PMd you

Deano77

Quote from: Alittletuningco on March 02, 2020, 09:25:50 AM
PM me! :)

If alittletuningco is there just wondering if you had managed to find screen? Tried to pm but looks like you have a full inbox.

Just needing to sell car soonish so needing a screen and will have a go at wreckers if no joy finding.

Cheers.