Seriously ?

Started by schattenblau, November 04, 2019, 06:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordo

Yeah, if they can't pull finger and get the full licence crap done in FIVE years, it running out should shift them!
If they don't - tough!

WAy back in the day, I had to get new provisional licences for a m'cycle as between them only lasting ten (eight?) weeks and being unable to arrange a borrow around other commitments by me, or the owners, they'd keep expiring.
however, it was a want and I wasn't really riding a bike anywhere other than an uncle's farm, anyway - with the occasional run to the shops on a borrowed bike.
These are my thoughts and opinions - sometimes I'm wrong, but not often ;-)

Naekyr

Quote from: schattenblau on November 04, 2019, 06:09:21 PM
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/117153250/expiring-learner-and-restricted-licences-will-be-extended-by-two-years

guvmin in full retard mode

>:(

What difference does that make, waste of time. So many people driving without license or breaching restrictions anyway

Gordo

With a little more consideration - I wonder how many of those people have actually taken the full test but CAN'T pass?
Like some of the TV 'reality' shows with people who repeatedly fail their test - at what point should someone say "Enough! You just aren't safe to be on the roads!"
These are my thoughts and opinions - sometimes I'm wrong, but not often ;-)

avi.m

Quote from: Gordo on November 05, 2019, 07:39:40 PM
With a little more consideration - I wonder how many of those people have actually taken the full test but CAN'T pass?
Like some of the TV 'reality' shows with people who repeatedly fail their test - at what point should someone say "Enough! You just aren't safe to be on the roads!"

I've seen the odd episode and it is down right shocking, especially seeing the younger ones drive. They need a lot more time to 1) mature, and 2) develop driving skills. Physically driving the car is one thing, but it is road awareness and road conditions that takes time and experience. One thing's for certain is the process is longer in NZ (L to R to F), but the full test is much tougher in South Africa (where I am from). I drove for quite a few years on a learners and developed a few bad habits which resulted in me failing the full test twice (not ashamed to say it). Due to parking errors: the slightest roll on an inclined parallel park (yes inclined) which is an immediate fail, and can't remember the other time.

And while we're on the topic, this drives me insane (as much as ladies putting on make-up):
Mk5 GTI Pirelli Ed.